Search Our Jobs
Training Specialist - Per DiemJob ID 149332 Date posted 08/18/2018
The Training Specialist delivers end user training to a diverse healthcare audience for assigned IT@Lahey application(s) or project(s). The Training Specialist in conjunction with the Instructional Designer will design, development and deliver courseware and presentations that support multiple learning styles for colleagues. With the Instructional Designer the Training Specialist will develop standards, strategies and utilize technologies to instruct and educate colleagues across the organization. The Training Specialist works closely with Instructional Designers, Analysts and Subject Matter Experts on assigned project(s).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Deliver training, assessment and remediation for assigned IT@Lahey applications and programs.
- Partner with Instructional Designers in the development, creation and management of all aspects of training material.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Designer in the design and development of differentiated/interactive instructional (videos, elearnings, tip sheets, webinars) material to meet the needs of all end users
- Monitor effects of training via end user shadowing/rounding. Share observations with Instructional Designer for enhancements in training techniques.
- Support IT@Lahey colleagues and end users during project go lives (at the elbow, ATE, support) and special updates.
- Deliver work within established timelines.
- Manage and multitask on several assigned IT@Lahey projects.
- Serve as expert on IT@Lahey assigned projects and transfers knowledge to other team members.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning and curriculum development in course design and evaluation strategies.
- Base learning activity design on solid educational principles, theory and research.
- Revise content and program delivery methods with Instructional Designers based on outcomes, learner needs, organizational goals and healthcare trends.
- Credential in pertinent application in timeframe established by training manager.
Bachelor?s Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelor?s degree 5 years of healthcare, clinical, operational, information technology or training/education experience.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Current driver?s license or equivalent evidence of equivalent mobility.
Experience with adult education, instructional design, curriculum delivery, education/teaching and/or healthcare, clinical or operational experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and abilility to work independently.
- Flexibility in schedule and in adjustment to assignments.
- Ability to function in stressful situation in a calm manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong technology and computer skills.
- Ability to present in front of a large, varied group.
- Ability to multitask and shows flexibility.
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of adult education principles.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of users with differing levels of skills.
- Ability to adjust to various personalities in stressful situations and maintain positive interactions.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a highly functioning team.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.