Search Our Jobs
Nurse, Tewksbury Treatment Center 32 HoursJob ID 149252 Date posted 07/18/2018
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Is accountable for safely managing the administration of medication and monitoring effectiveness.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient?s safety status to the registered nurse.
2. Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
3. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assists with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
4. Responds to patient care needs and issues, assists patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborates with and directs other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs.
5. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed.
6. Is expected to participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans, and reports directly to the registered nurse any issues for shift report.
7. Administers medications to assigned patients (LPN?s approved for administration of medications must have satisfactorily completed a medication course for LPNs and approved by the In-service Department for administration of medications).
8. Complies with agency personnel policies and procedures as, well as with policies and procedures specific to the facility.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Leadership positions should describe the type and level of supervision exercised over specific job titles.
Please include the size of the budget managed if this position has budgetary responsibility.
The types of oral and written communications and internal and external interactions that are required in this position can also be included in this section.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively.
Amount of directly related experience required; Valid and current Massachusetts licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, or Valid and current Massachusetts licensure as a Registered Nurse current certification in CPR. Experience with addiction treatment preferred.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
2nd Shift, Overnights
32 hours per week, benefited position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.