Search Our Jobs
Radiation Therapist Per Diem PeabodyJob ID 149209 Date posted 08/07/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Applies principles of basic radiation physics interactions and protection.
2) Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy treatment.
3) Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
4) Administers prescribed or advised by a physician, ointments, drops or lotions specific to the Radiation Therapy.
5) Explains procedures to patients and means of communication during treatment.
6) Prepares room and equipment for patient according to patient set up.
7) Maintains and logs daily treatments in the patient?s records paper chart and ARIA.
8) Possesses knowledge of scheduling and billing procedures proficient in IDX, ARIA, LCMC.
9) Utilizes QA programs to encompass all aspects of treatment delivery.
10) Understands the function of equipments, accessories and treatment methods.
11) Maintains and provides annual documentation of required CEC credits for licensure.
12) Participates in the clinical instruction of the RTT students.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles Mission Statement and Goals and Standards of Behavior, into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic and Radiation Oncology Department specific Guidelines and Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must have current ARRT Certification in Radiation Therapy and hold a valid Mass. Radiologic Technologist License. Must be CPR Certified
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years experience required.
VARIABLE/PER DIEM. 8 hour shifts Monday-Friday.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.