Search Our Jobs
Lead Instrument Tech /PeabodyJob ID 149208 Date posted 07/17/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Assists manager/supervisor with maintaining daily department activities, needs and problems.
2. Accountable for assigned shift operations including supervision of Central Sterile staff.
3. Provides feedback to unit manager on staff performance for annual review.
4. Conducts hands on, on-the-job training for new department co-workers.
5. Works as a part of a team to achieve department goals and objectives.
6. Perform decontamination and sterilizing duties.
7. Assembles instruments according to count sheet. Ensures that all missing instruments are marked on label.
8. Wraps all instrument kits and basins appropriately. Packages all separates appropriately, following the established guidelines for packaging.
9. Sterilizes all instrumentation and equipment. Ensures proper method of sterilization is selected, logs all items sterilized, ensures all biologicals, integrators and Bowie Dick Tests are run and read appropriately.
10. Picks and sends all scheduled and/or added cases within 7 minutes per case. Completes cases where possible, indicates missing items and completes log.
11. Performs all training of new Instrument Technicians on shift. Serves as a resource for all Instrument Technicians. , Ensure proper communication with following shift and with department management.
12. Assists all customers in a professional and courteous manner.
13. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: CRCST certification or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires a minimum of 3 years prior experience collecting, cleaning, decontaminating, packing, and storing sterile instruments. Mature knowledge of integrated processes, techniques, and workflows of sterile processing instrumentation and equipment. Knowledge of surgical services intra-department workflows, including ambulatory departments. Exhibit critical thinking skills when cleaning and maintaining surgical instrumentation and hospital equipment. Exhibit excellent customer service skills when providing services to multiple department customers. Basic math aptitude (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and knowledge of units of measure required. Demonstrated ability to safely operate area specific equipment, including, but not limited to: sterilizers, cart washers and sonic cleaners. Demonstrated understanding of department policies and the rationale behind sterile procedure. Basic computer skills preferred. Knowledge of cleaning and sterilization of surgical instrumentation, equipment (including power equipment), and supplies. Must demonstrate knowledge of sterilization techniques. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in small group situations. Able to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to recognize malfunctions of instruments and equipment and decides on proper course of action to pursue.
Experience: Three years of experience as an Instrument Technician in a tertiary care setting.
DAY/EVE: Mon - Fri 8 hour evening shift 1:00 - 9:30 PM
no call or weekends at this time
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.