Search Our Jobs
Senior EscortJob ID 149159 Date posted 07/13/2018
Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties related to patient escort services for the Lahey Clinic Medical Center. Provides basic patient escort functions for inpatients and outpatients during admission, discharge or when traveling to testing areas within the facility, and for outpatients in need of assistance.
1. Provides basic patient escort services as directed by the dispatcher
2. Assures accuracy of requests by checking patient identification against logged requests
3. Maintains equipment, wheelchairs etc., in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Assures appropriate charts and/or films accompany patient during transfer.
5. Assures that proper body mechanics, lifting techniques and other safeguards are followed.
6. Trains and orients section employees in proper etiquette, appropriate conversation and desired decorum.
7. Serves as an alternate to the department dispatcher.
8. Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and responds logically and consistently in unusual or crisis situations
9. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
10. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
11. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
12. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
13. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
14. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
15. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
16. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
17. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Must be able to read, write and comprehend English and perform alphanumeric sorting. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Three years work experience in a medical environment
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.