Search Our Jobs
Instrument TechnicianJob ID 149152 Date posted 07/19/2018
Under the direct supervision of the department Supervisor, determines proper method of sterilization according to established guidelines, and sterilizes all instruments and related equipment. Receives soiled case carts and processes contents in accordance with established standards. Assembles instruments according to count sheet.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Determines proper method of sterilization according to established guidelines, and sterilizes all instruments and related equipment. Logs/documents all items sterilized. Ensures that all biologicals, integrators, and Bowie Dick Tests are run and read in accordance with established guidelines.
2) Receives soiled case carts and processes contents in accordance with established standards. Properly disposes of trash and linen. Sorts instruments for proper mechanical and/or hand washing, meeting established time frame. Visually inspects instruments for signs of wear and damage, and replaces as necessary. Decontaminates instruments and equipment ensuring that the proper technique is used.
3) Assembles instruments according to count sheet. Ensures that missing instruments are marked on the exterior label of the set. Picks and sends all scheduled and/or unscheduled cases, meeting departmental guidelines. Documents missing items on the appropriate documentation (Case Cart Cover Sheet).
4) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
5) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
6) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
7) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
8) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
9) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
10) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
11) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
12) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: none required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic computer skills, medical terminology, manual dexterity, ability to read and follow instructions, fully trained in instrumentation, sterilization and decontamination techniques. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 1-2 years related experience.
NGT. 6 hour nights Monday-Friday.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.