Search Our Jobs
CV Technician IIJob ID 149091 Date posted 07/13/2018
Under the supervision of the Physician Leadership and the Clinical Manager, performs Transtelephonic Pacer Maker checks. Responsible for the Transtephonic room and all related patient data, i.e., computer database, patients' charts, billing procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Receives requests for and performs cardiovascular test requests and communicates test information to nursing unit; clarifies MD orders and goals of Rx .
2) Performs 12 Lead ECG, magnet checks, rhythm strips, Holter/Event recorders, exercise/stress tolerance tests including, pharmacological, thallium, pulmonary stress testing procedures.
3) Identifies abnormal rhythms and ensures notification to physician as appropriately needed.
4) Troubleshoots methods of EKG, (i.e., lead wires, voltage sensitivity, paper speed, lead placement and artifact tracings).
5) Checks Transtelephonic Pacer Maker to ensure that its working correctly.
6) Responsible for all related patient data, i.e., computer database, patients' charts, billing procedures.
7) Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of Transtephonic room; ensures that it is stocked with supplies
8) Serves as back up for the following non-invasive diagnostic tests: EKG, signal average EKG, Holter/event monitor application, exercise tolerance testing (standard, stress echo, pharmacological, thallium and pulmonary testing).
9) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Associates preferred and/or Vocational or technical school training program in the Cardiovascular Technology. Certificate program recommended.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: NA
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates effective and compassionate communicative demeanor. Able to remain calm and work well under stress. Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and follow up.
Experience: Two years of independent work experience in the exercise testing setting. Strong EKG interpretation skills required.
DAYS. Monday-Friday. Every 3rd weekend.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.