Search Our Jobs
Translational Research TechnicianJob ID 149129 Date posted 07/19/2018
Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator and working semi-independently within established protocols and guidelines, the Research Technicians performs a variety of tasks associated with scientific research and analysis. Techniques of microbiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology are employed. Accurate record keeping and strain preservation are essential to the role.
Education: Bachelors degree in the biologic or social sciences.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Thoroughly proficient with sterile techniques, media preparation, and basic microbiology.
• Ability to function independtly and to devise creative ways of obtaining information, knowledge of medical terminology and medical practice.
• Indepth working knowledge of relevant systems utilized or impacted by the department.
• Knowledge of disk diffusion and dilutional antibiotic susceptibility testing.
• Ability to interact with professional and clinical staff at all levels.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with computer databases and word processing software.
• Mathematics sufficient to perform the required calculations for computation of results and for preparation of appropriate cell suspensions and solutions is expected.
• Additional procedures such as DNA electrophoresis, plasmid visualization, and bacterial conjugation.
• Expert organizational skills.
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of relevant State and Federal regulatory requirements and processes.
• Ability to use a pc and access relevant data.
• Manual dexterity.
• In the absence of certain of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year related experience working in a laboratory setting.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.