Search Our Jobs
CT TechnologistJob ID 149098 Date posted 07/27/2018
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and/or Assistant Team Leader performs a variety of diagnostic computerized tomographic scanner radiographs (CT) scan procedures including ER and inpatient and outpatient populations, utilizing ionizing radiation. The technologist is responsible for monitoring and maintaining essential patient care and safety including practicing ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). Flexibility to work overtime/cover at other sites as needed, on-call and holiday rotation mandatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Obtains and documents necessary patient information/history in order to perform appropriate exam.
2) Documents all pertinent information involving the use of IV/oral contrast in medical record, and obtain accurate allergy information.
3) Performs all CT exams with 100% accuracy.
4) Begins and completes exams utilizing the RIS with 100% accuracy, 98-100%of the time.
5) Uses CT work list with 100% accuracy i.e. correct patient demographics, accession number.
6) Properly QCs exams using PACS system.
7) Properly evaluates images for Diagnostic purposes/recognizing anatomy and pathology for need of additional scan.
8) Practices ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable).
9) Accurately follows department clinical protocols and standards, including but not limited to Post-processing.
10) Readily and willingly contributes to team approach to provide optimal quality care for patients, on-call and holiday rotation.
11) Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients and colleagues. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
12) Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
13) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our customer service standards.
14) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
15) Participates in and successfully completes mandatory education.
16) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
17) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
18) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
19) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
20) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
21) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
22) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
23) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
24) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Radiologic Technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Department of Public Health: Radiation Control Program in the specialties in which the technologist practices. Maintains licensure on an annual basis. If currently trained in CT, must obtain CT certification within 12 months of employment. Requires Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification with American Heart Association
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in cross sectional anatomy. Candidate must be proficient in the use CT Scanners, Power injector, Venipuncture and mobile scanner or in the absence of this skill the ability to be trained to a level of competency and obtain certification within 18 months of completing training.
Experience: One year in a trauma setting. Previous experience in a trauma center/ Prior experience with RIS/PACS preferred.
DAYS. Monday, Tuesday, Friday.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.