Search Our Jobs
Dir CompensationJob ID 149096 Date posted 07/12/2018
Directs efforts to evaluate, assess and design compensation programs to meet the system-wide needs of Lahey Health. Manages results including costs, methods and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Provides content expertise in the areas of market data, job analysis, compensation design/administration and performance management tools. Provides guidance and consultation in compensation matters while effectively engaging individual content contributors in the assessment and evaluation of Lahey Health compensation systems, policies, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides day-to-day management and oversight of the compensation team including hiring, training, coaching and development of assigned staff.
- Researches and analyzes compensation strategies and issues to develop recommendations for new and revised base and variable pay programs, policies, procedures and practices for all jobs within Lahey Health.
- Advises HR senior leadership team on compensation models and pay practices in support of Lahey Health?s mission and core values given current local, state, regional and national labor market conditions.
- Develops and oversees the management and provision of internal and external compensation consulting services across Lahey Health.
- Consults with external market compensation providers in analyzing, developing and administering executive leadership total compensation pay plans. Manages oversight of compensation survey portfolio and the annual compensation survey participation process.
- Oversees and participates in the competitive market review, including making recommendations to leadership and administering implementation.
- Provides advice and support to the HR organization on the development and implementation of system-wide compensation policies, practices and methodologies.
- Collaborates with HR and Talent Acquisition leaders to develop an integrated approach to providing compensation services that support and leverage Lahey Health?s compensation goals.
- Leads and provides analytic compensation support for collective bargaining activities.
- Directs the research, development and administration of system-wide compensation audits to ensure that all pay policies and practices are in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Performs other duties and tasks, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor?s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: N/A
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in compensation program development, design and administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience required.
- Experience supporting negotiations and administering compensation for collective bargaining agreements.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Expertise in compensation methodologies, systems and pay practices.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with base and variable pay programs.
- General understanding of systems of care and healthcare operations.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and attaining results with a sense of urgency.
- Strong business and financial acumen; understanding of planning processes and business strategy.
- Excellent comprehension of healthcare industry and business trends.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, federal and state laws with a working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, utilize and interpret workforce-related metrics.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills using Excel.
- Proficient in the use of a major HRIS solution, including PeopleSoft.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.