Search Our Jobs
Supv Coding and EdJob ID 149111 Date posted 09/01/2018
Under the direction of the Director/Associate Director of Professional Coding and the Manager of Professional Coding, the Professional Coding Supervisor will manage the Professional Coding staff for daily work flow, communication and education of coding guidelines. The Professional Coding Supervisor will monitor and report on coding work for quality, productivity, and compliance. The Professional Coding Manager will work to ensure proper coding following CMS and appropriate regulatory coding guidelines for quality and compliance. Provides orientation and training to staff and performs a variety of tasks associated with the day to day supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assist the manager in working with staff to ensure compliance of, and proper coding technique as defined by CMS regulations, Local Medicare Review Policies (LMRP?s), Local Carrier Determinations (LCD?s), the AMA, any applicable Lahey Health compliance policies, and/or any relevant accrediting organizations. Provides ongoing coding education as well as new coder education on proper coding and documentation.
- Supervise coding staff for the coding division on day to day operations, under the guidance of the manager and the director/associate director department policies enforces policies and procedures.
- Works with the manager to review all revenue cycle relevant workflows, including coding, charge review, internal and external audits, as well as denials.
- Provides analysis on productivity and impact of coding activities.
- Provides and organizes training for staff and new hires.
- Assists management in departmental reporting requirements.
- Assists management with special projects as needed.
- Works with Manager to analyze coding denials, patient inquiries and works in conjunction with coding staff and PFS to implement recommended corrections.
- Assists the Manager in ensuring that Coding staff conducts physician-coding audits and assists in communicating results and recommendations.
- Assists the Manager in ensuring that Coding staff conducts new physician orientation and ongoing physician training and documentation improvement as needed.
- Maintains and reviews department workflow documentation and training materials.
- Consults with Director/Associate Director and/or other leaders to resolve problems, such as equipment performance, output quality, and work schedules.
- Participates in a broad range of human resources functions as they relate to assigned staff, including interviewing, selection, training, performance appraisal, competence assessment, documentation and employee relations.
- Evaluates job performance of assigned staff and recommends appropriate personnel action where needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Coding Certificate from College Level Coding Program (or equivalent), and CPC, CCS-P, COC, or CCS required.
Minimum of three (3) years of coding experience or related revenue cycle field in a high volume practice/hospital/system setting. Previous supervisor experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: ?
-Demonstrated thorough knowledge of professional coding standards, including CPT and ICD-10 CM coding.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to utilize tact, diplomacy and discretion at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of a variety of pc software programs including word processing, spreadsheets, and database entry and reporting, with the ability to learn new systems as they become available and/or required. Practical knowledge of EHR and billing systems.
- In the absence of certain of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.