Search Our Jobs
Sr Benefits AnalystJob ID 149101 Date posted 07/12/2018
The Senior Benefits Analyst tracks, develops and analyzes comprehensive benefits data reports and benchmarking reports. Identifies and interprets data and market trends, and proactively develops cost-effective and competitive recommendations. Manages related compliance and other activities associated with benefit program administration and plan management needs, including annual retirement plan audits and valuations. Leads development of benefits communications and training initiatives, including updates to benefits self service and internal websites. Oversees benefit change processes within HRIS and provides subject matter expertise. Leads benefit program testing processes for HRIS changes and system updates. Researches and recommends policy changes. Supports projects for new or modified benefits programs. Provides senior level expertise and assistance on other benefits projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Tracks and analyzes benefits data to identify comprehensive cost and use trends over time, and identify any immediate issues as they arise. Develops high level and detailed trend and outlook analysis, including recommendations for cost savings, competitiveness, and improved efficiency. Analyzes market trends and recommends new benefit programs and updates to existing programs. Performs competitive benchmarking cost/benefit and benefit comparison analyses.
- Leads the development of benefits communications, including brochures, Summary Plan descriptions (SPDs), memos, enrollment materials, forms and training initiatives Uses a variety of media (including state-of-the-art technology) and methods to make benefits-related information readily accessible and comprehensible to Lahey colleagues. Leads the design and implementation of comprehensive educational activities and communication programs to efficiently and effectively communicate benefits information to HR staff, management, employees and physicians, including workshops, manuals, handbooks, standardized reports, etc. Examines and explains complex benefits related concepts in a manner which is readily comprehensible to all constituencies.
- Leads benefits compliance activities, including retirement plan audits and filings. Maintains knowledge of the regulatory environment for all benefits programs.
- Run PeopleSoft Benefits Administration to update enrollment/changes to database. Audit reports to ensure accuracy. Troubleshoot with Records Administration and HRIS as necessary. Input enrollment/change data in a timely manner to coincide with the transmittal of vendor files on a weekly basis.
- Manage Benefits Administration module. Review benefit plan rules, premium updates, plan changes, work processes and calculation changes for all benefit programs. Run eligibility files , create queries and generate audit reports.
- Leads benefit change and testing processes in HRIS. Provides subject matter expertise and assistance for HRIS changes and maintenance projects. Makes recommendations for improvement, or works with HRIS, to identify issues and need for changes with the Benefits Administration module of PeopleSoft.
- Coordinates and collaborates on the provision of administrative services by third parties for the Pension, 403(b), 457(b), and 457(f) programs.
- Oversees electronic availability and distribution of benefits information under Lahey Health?s various intranet sites.
- Provides senior level benefits expertise and assistance on other benefits projects as needed. Supports various benefits area activities as needed, including enrollment and orientations.
- Stays abreast of regulatory environment and ensures compliance in assigned benefits areas.
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc. Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc. Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Knowledge of principles and practices of Benefits typically acquired by attaining a bachelor?s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of a full portfolio of benefits programs including qualified and non-qualified retirement programs, health and welfare programs, and time-away and other programs.
- Strong understanding of ERISA, PPA, FMLA, and other applicable federal and state regulations.
- Strong analytical abilities in determining, projecting, and administering benefits.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with colleagues at all organizational levels to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and writing skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage vendors, insurers, and third party administrators.
- Ability to develop, or manage the development of, the full array of benefits communications.
- Successful project management experience.
- Knowledge of HRIS database software, PeopleSoft Benefits Administration module preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates ability to function autonomously and perform effectively within a complex, fast paced environment; to model high-initiative and professional behavior.
- Committed customer service focus
- Strong oral written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of a full array of benefits programs with emphasis on retirement programs.
5 years of Benefits senior professional responsibility including benefits development and communication for a full spectrum of benefits programs including multiple retirement programs. Successful experience designing programs, communications and conducting market analyses. Senior professional level benefit design and communications experience. Successful experience providing administrative support for an array of retirement programs.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.