Search Our Jobs
HIM Technician PEABODY 30 hoursJob ID 149076 Date posted 07/11/2018
Under the supervision of the HIM supervisors, the HIM Tech performs duties in all areas of HIM, as needed, and serves as a resource to other Lahey Clinic HIM colleagues. Remain flexible regarding daily duties to support shifting HIM Department priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. While working independently, prioritizes tasks to meet targets assigned by supervisor, reaching out for assistance as needed.
2. Responds to specific requests for the timely retrieval of health information.
3. Verify patient data integrity through the internal HIM QC processes; identifying potential errors or user issues and make necessary corrections and escalate, when appropriate
4. Trains new HIM colleagues and provides guidance and assistance to all HIM colleagues when necessary.
5. Prepares and analyzes documents for processing, including data validation, form validation and quality improvement activities.
6. Prepares and scans batches of documents into the electronic document management system.
7. Indexes electronic health records, while validating all patient information and patient form type, and assuring that all scanned documents are present in the electronic record. Identifies scanning errors and routes for correction.
8. Assists with special projects in HIM as needed, and leads workflow projects when appropriate.
9. Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
10. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
11. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
16. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School degree or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to effectively organize and prioritize administrative duties. Ability to routinely communicate with customers clearly and in a positive manner. Ability to access and process electronic information utilizing computer technology. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience performing administrative duties involving document processing utilizing computer technology.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.