Search Our Jobs
Overnight Recovery Specialist (Direct Care Staff)Job ID 149065 Date posted 07/10/2018
The Awake Overnight Counselor is responsible to be available to and assist the clients during the night and to assist with morning activities as needed.
1. Remain awake, alert and responsive to the needs of the clients throughout the shift.
2. Assist with transportation when necessary.
3. Provide hourly room checks according to program procedure.
4. Perform fire drill quarterly during shift. Ensure the safe evacuation of clients from the program during the drill.
5. Administer medication to clients according to program protocol.
6. File all client documentation in their individual charts.
7. Record clients' activities in the daily communication log.
8. Report significant health, psychiatric or behavioral issues to the on-call person in accordance with program procedure.
9. Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
10. Ensure a clean, safe working environment.
11. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
12. Prepare client medication sheets on monthly basis.
13. Attends and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
14, Responsible to remain on unit/campus until replacement coverage arrives.
15. Monitor nightly temperatures of all refrigerators and freezers and record on form.
16. Interfaces in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external programs/agencies.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively.
High School Diploma or GED required. Must demonstrate basic computer skills and ability to relate to women and children in a caring and compassionate manner. Experience with awake overnight positions preferred.
Certification in CPR and valid Massachusetts driver?s license in good standing.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
Full time, 40 hours per week, benefited position (Sunday- Thursday, 11:30pm -8am)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is alternately required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.