Search Our Jobs
Community Relations CoordinatorJob ID 149045 Date posted 07/07/2018
Position Summary: The Community Relations Coordinator will administer community relations and community benefits activities to improve the health and well-being of the community. The coordinator reports to the Director of Community Relations and support community relations activities system-wide. This includes providing project management support to the community health needs assessment, managing and implementing specific health programs and coordinating and organizing community health events and special projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Participates in multidisciplinary forums to plan and administer the community health needs assessment (CHNA) as well as develop and monitor the Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- Coordinates and administers components of the community health programs identified in the Community Health Improvement Plan (exampled include the Senior Outreach Initiative and the Senior Farmers Market)
- Works with internal and external partners to accomplish annuals goals outlined in the Community Health Improvement Plan, collects and tracks data and information for submission of the annual MA State Attorney General report and Federal Schedule H report.
- Develops, maintains and oversees program databases. Compiles data; prepares, summarizes and distributes regular reports. Responsible for tracking and entering community benefit activities into the reporting system to ensure data integrity and information reliability.
- Organizes community programming and activities and serves as a liaison to internal and external groups (physician outreach, colleague engagement teams, volunteer services) to monitor, track and promote community activities throughout the Lahey Health System.
- Maintains a calendar of community events and engagement opportunities. Provides event management support including ordering supplies, coordinating and preparing volunteers and set-up and breakdown as needed.
- Manages speaker's series and public programs that enhance the reputation of the hospital and increase awareness of its services.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as assigned.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have access to transportation to community events and meetings. Must be willing work off hours such as early weekday morning and evenings, and weekends.
Education: Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registrations: None required
Experience: 3+ years of healthcare administrative experience and knowledge in populations health data collection and management preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, family and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.