Search Our Jobs
Coordinator Client Financial ServicesJob ID 149017 Date posted 07/04/2018
Responsible for managing accounts receivable including accurate and timely submission of claims and determining collectability of accounts.
1. Oversee the recording of client insurance, fee and service information into the billing software.
2. Establishes and monitors work flow schedule balancing clinical program operations with established fiscal periods (payroll, month-end, year-end). Identify and implement required corrective actions.
3. Conduct random audits of entered data to assess accuracy of input.
4. Responsible to maintain the integrity of data in the receivable software. Adheres to established system back-up protocols.
5. Monitors nightly data transmissions to and from billing agent. Promptly informs all interested parties of problems. Serve as liaison between billing agent and NBH Information Systems relative to data exchange lines.
5. Establishes desktop security protocols for billing staff.
6. Analyze AR through design and interpretation of custom reports.
7. Review problem accounts and claim denials to identify patterns; propose and implement corrective measures.
8. Prepare, support refund and write off requests for CFO approval.
9. Work closely with billing agent to resolve outstanding receivable issues.
10. Organize and conduct in house training sessions on subject matters relating to improved billing and collection. Attend in-service trainings offered by NBH or seek external training to enhance skills and maintain knowledge base.
11. Train new clinical staff on their billing responsibilities and timely accurate recording of services.
12. Identify, for clinical management, successful interface areas as well as areas requiring attention. Participate in a solution.
13. Responds to clinical management, billing agent and payer representative?s questions, telephone calls and/or visits in a timely, professional and respectful manner. Work cooperatively with payers, billing agent representatives and clients.
14. Additional related duties as assigned
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, setting expectations, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clinical management, billing agent, or other staff. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
High school diploma required, business school graduate preferred. 3-5 years? experience in the billing and collection of health care third party receivables. Experience with automated receivable software necessary.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and relate to staff in a professional and patient manner. Ability to demonstrate openness and flexibility to adapt to unplanned situations. Able to work cooperatively and in a fashion that promotes team building.
Full time, 40 hours per week,
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.