Search Our Jobs
Coordinator Supply Chain 1st shiftJob ID 149014 Date posted 07/03/2018
Under general supervision of the Supply Chain Administrator, and in conjunction with the appropriate clinical personnel, (i.e. department nurse manager or clinical manager), coordinates and manages the procurement of supplies and equipment for an individual department or group of departments and is responsible for the management of the associated products and inventory. Works collaboratively with the Pyxis Supply System Coordinators, and Distribution/Refill Technicians. Serves as the liason between Purchasing, Pyxis support, Cardinal Healthcare, Lahey Clinic customers, and all vendors ensuring that communication between all departments and outside support is constant. Under the direction of the Supply Chain Administrator, the Supply Chain Coordinator will assure supply availability and efficient utilization of supply resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Decision Making Authority: 1) Inventory Management - works in conjunction with Pyxis Supply System Coordinators in par level establishment and maintenance, refill process, utilization analysis and product management. Collaborates with Purchasing Agent with product failures, vendor returns, & expired items. Collaborates with receiving to assure smooth interface to meet clinical needs. Collaborates with all mangers, super users, clinical and non-clinical staff to develop a cooperative approach to service oriented, cost-effective, operationally efficient inventory management in the department(s) to which the individual is assigned.
2) Is responsible and accountable for any over pars in the department and must provide a detailed monthly report on any overage.
3) Impact: 1) Implement procedures to achieve the reduction/elimination of stock-outs by: evaluate cause and frequency of stock-outs ; ensure accurate and timely replenishment processes in both the routine and emergency situations; coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and discrepancy identification/resolution; develop and implement an inventory schedule/system; communicate with end-users and Pyxis Supply System Coordinators to define and troubleshoot supply problems.
4) Review/modify min/max inventory levels.
5) Audits inventory levels not associated with Pyxis Supply: cycle counts and consignment inventory levels.
6) Maintains the Dashboard tracking all compliance, cycle counts and inventory.
7) Reviews inventory cost to budget and works with clinical manager on variances.
8) Acts as contact person for the Finance Department to assure compliance with the Clinic?s billing procedures as required.
9) Rotates stock and checks dates to ensure that there are no expired products. Makes adjustments if needed.
10) As part of the job functions, will have access to non-controlled medications for stocking purposes only.
11) In conjunction with Pyxis Coordinator and Purchasing, removes expired product and works with the vendors to coordinate and track product swap or exchange credit
12) Coordinates the disposal of property, supplies and/or material incompliance with Clinic, State and Federal regulations; tracks defective products and assists Purchasing with replacement from vendor.
13) Maintains inventory spreadsheet for ordering purposes of non-Pyxis product
14) Audits daily case equipment and supply utilization sheets to ensure accuracy of billing activity as required.
15) Works closely with Purchasing, Finance and the Clinical Department(s) on the development, enhancement and implementation of materials processes improvements and software modifications.
16) Complexity: 1) The position requires good judgement 2) Ability to effect sustainable change in behavior to provide positive outcomes. 3) Considers the effect of decisions on all stake-holders. 4) Ability to function in a matrix-management environment. 5) Ability to analyze work-flow processes, inventory levels, and par maximization.
17) Skills and Abilities: 1) Analytical skills 2) Hospital supply/distribution systems 3) ) Positive interpersonal skills: is ?other-oriented? rather than focused on self. Listens effectively and communicates ideas and opinions clearly. Is assertive while showing respect and positive regard for others 4) Oral and written communication skills 5) Basic computer competency skills 6) Can-do attitude
18) Scope: The Pyxis Supply System Coordinator?s responsibility is to include Lahey-Burlington, Lahey-North, and Community Group Practices.
Education: Knowledge of business processes typically acquired through earning an Associates degree or 3 years related experience in a healthcare setting.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards. Strong computer and customer service skills. Ability to be trained in Pyxis Systems Management including systems troubleshooting and report generation.
Experience: see Education
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.