Search Our Jobs
Front Desk ReceptionistJob ID 148922 Date posted 07/26/2018
This position is responsible for the first impression of the organization: greeting, registering, updating demographic information and collection of copay for patients. This position will also manage inquiries, via phone or in person, to patients, visitors and outside callers and must exhibit a professional, customer service attitude.
1. Responsible for being first person of contact with persons-served, providers, and staff, and demonstrating professionalism and courtesy, with a customer service approach.
2. Answer telephones, screen and direct calls, and/or take and relay messages.
3. Receive mail, faxes, packages (any other correspondence) and distribute them.
4. Communicate agency and program information to interested parties including persons-served, agency employees and other providers/individuals.
5. Monitors visitor access, waiting area and maintains security awareness.
6. Verification, collection and documentation of payment due at time of visit.
7. Update of patient demographic and insurance information.
8. Scheduling responsibilities including scheduling changes and documentation of cancellations and rescheduled appointments.
9. Monitor office supplies and prepare order for approval.
10. Other related duties as assigned.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
High School Diploma / GED, a minimum of 1 yr. Experience in a related field; multitasking, time management and strong attention to detail are essential.
Standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment; computer applications; Excel and Word, knowledge of electronic health records a plus.
Strong communication and people skills. Techniques for dealing effectively with the public and staff, in person and over the telephone.
Full time, 40 hours per week, Mon-Thurs (930am - 8:00pm)
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.