Search Our Jobs
Diet Office Clerk Per DiemJob ID 148987 Date posted 06/29/2018
Under the supervision of the Patient Services Manager, performs a variety of tasks associated with ensuring that the patients receive meals and nourishment in accordance with the physician diet order. Supports the activities of the Registered Dietitian through careful coordination and execution of tasks such as calorie count, nourishment set up and provision of appetite and intake. Functions as a member of the Clinical Nutrition and patient services team and maintains a positive relationship with all department members, allied health care team members, patients, and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Updates Non-Room Service menus each morning in accordance with department standards for timeliness and accuracy. Completes breakfast menu for new admission Non-Room Service patients according to prescribed diet order.
2) Answers the telephone in a professional manner for Room Service calls verifying patient name and room number while taking menu order.
3) Processes Room Service menu orders accurately, correcting menu with patient as indicated to ensure that the order is consistent with prescribed diet.
4) Correctly updates the diet sheets with check mark to denote a tray has been sent along with all changes in diet order or nourishment requests.
5) Visits all Non-Room Service patients daily for menu selection, assisting patients as needed and reinforcing the prescribed diet.
6) Transcribes special instructions from Cardex to the diet sheets in accordance with department standards for timeliness and accuracy.
7) Contacts Dietitian with all consults within 15 minutes of receipt by the Diet Office in accordance with department standards for timeliness and accuracy.
8) Consult the Diet Office Manual or a Dietitian with all patient questions or concerns.
9) Completes at least 1 Patient Visitation Report each day worked.
10) Attends all relevant in-service training.
11) Adheres to hand-washing requirements while at work.
12) Organizational Requirements:
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of coursework in Nutrition Science or Nutrition Education; or equivalent to include a minimum of two (2) years of hospital or nursing home food service.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficient in basic 4-function math.
- Demonstrates proficiency in speaking and writing in English.
- Demonstrates proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Requires the ability to move within and between patient care units and food preparation areas.
- Requires vision/color and manual dexterity for checking patient menus entering data into computer, identifying special diets and codes by color, and manipulating menus and paperwork.
- Knowledge of relevant precautions for applicable infectious disease.
- Telephone skills / Customer service skills
- In the absence of certain of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational requirements.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year hospital or nursing home food service is required.
VARIABLE/ Per Diem, Monday and Sunday with every other weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.