Search Our Jobs
VP Human ResourcesJob ID 148961 Date posted 07/11/2018
- Delivers both thoughtful leadership and tactical support to the organization. Facilitates a strong, positive culture for colleagues.
- Oversees high volume recruitment, employee relations and key compliance functions at the local level.
- Drives business values through organization design, people development and talent management.
- Provides expert HR support and counsel, including advising on human capital strategy to operational and clinical leaders.
- Leads the LHBS HR function, demonstrating excellent customer service skills by responding with urgency to colleague needs and resolving complex employee relations and other issues.
- Ensures development and implementation of HR policies flexible enough to meet the needs of the Behavioral Health entity.
- Recommends and implements remediation and intervention at appropriate levels to influence change, mitigate risk and optimize the HR services and programs provided.
- Partners with key business and functional leaders to understand cross functional implications in order to enhance colleague engagement.
- Directs, develops and maintains a range of Human Resources programs and activities designed to support and enhance colleague engagement.
- Works with senior leadership both within and outside HR to drive the transformation agenda.
- Actively supports enterprise-wide programs and champions new initiatives.
- Ensures staff responsibilities are identified, roles are clearly defined, goals are established and development defined.
- Selects colleagues for various job opportunities, training and development, to ensure most effective utilization of individual skills and staff development.
- Creates and builds teams that are focused on delivering results.
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the performance of work by developing, recommending and implementing short- and long-term goals.
- Establishes HR performance metrics for the team.
- Participates in committees, team and work groups, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management Human Resources or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- SPHR or PHR preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
10+ years' experience of progressive HR leadership experience to include:
- Performance management related activities, preferably within the heathcare provider industry.
- Knowledge of HR best practices in Compensation, Benefits, HRIS, policy development and implementation.
- Knowledge of and ability to use contemporary, data-driven practices to build broad-based organizational capabilities that drive business results.
- Knowledge of HR programs design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of labor relations, compliance, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Proven ability to manage complex employee relations issues to resolution.
- Ability to drive service level improvements and influence stakeholders through setting the business context, relevant data and support of the operational and business strategies.
- Strong proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and mentor HR staff.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships within a complex multi-site environment.
- Demonstrated change agent, a self-starter, able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively in a complex organizational structure with all levels of management and colleagues.
- Must be forward-thinking and a strategic planner possessing strong technical skills, analytical ability, solid judgment, a strong operational focus and the ability to influence and advise senior leadership.
- Proven ability to broker specialized/expert HR resources to deliver HR solutions that enable business success, including ability to operate seamlessly at the strategic and tactical level.
- Solid project management skills, along with superb written and verbal comunication skills.
- Deep intellectual ability and passion in driving for valued results.
- Analytical skills necessary to identify, make recommendations and resolve complex matters, including employee relations issues, compensation issues, budgets, etc
- Ability to develop employees, coaching and applying solid leadership practices to support successful performance of work.
- Ability to bring out the best in others and demonstrate commitment to self-development.
- Excellent organizational, program management and client management skills.
- Creativity, positive attitude, collaborative skills and organizational courage.
- Ability to lead and influence other senior HR professionals and business executives.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.