Search Our Jobs
Greeter ICU/CCUJob ID 148937 Date posted 08/11/2018
The greeter provides appropriate verbal assistance, guidance and direction for visitors & patients. The greeter serves as a reference source regarding visiting hours, directions, general admitting and hospital policies. The greeter serves as a hospital liaison and provides administrative support for unit-based activities. Provides a positive impression for the hospital by practicing great customer relations' skills and treating all individuals with respect and dignity
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Customer Service
Proactively provides support to patients and families in the patient care area. Services as a liaison between colleagues, patients, families and visitors.
- Greets all patients, families and colleagues
- Creates a friendly caring environment
- Rounds on a regular basis in waiting rooms and patient rooms
- Anticipates the needs of families and visitors to allay anxiety
- Answers phones/call lights and serves as a liaison between patients, families, visitors and staff and other departments
- Serves as liaison for external resources for patients families and visitors (i.e. community services, restaurants, directions, parking and accommodations)
- Collaborates with unit leadership for complaints and potentially unpleasant situations.
- Follows hospital policy or procedure for reporting any incident or serious event that could affect or potentially affect the clinical care of any patient
- Follows department procedures related to access to non-controlled medications, such as IV solutions and vaccines, when granted access to these medications as part of the job functions.
- May provide physical assistance to patients and families requiring assistance with wheelchairs to move through the unit and other departments within our facility. May include transport via wheelchair. -Oversee floral delivery check-in and distribution of floral arrangements to patient units. -Maintain log for dropped-off and pick-up items at the Information Desk.
- Coordinates with charge nurse on unit function such as patient flow, assignments and key programs (e.g. write assignments, assigns cell phones)
- As directed, assists manager with administrative functions related to unit operations (e.g. collects audit tools, makes signs)
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of waiting rooms and nursing stations and reports maintenance and safety concerns (e.g. dispose of coffee cups left on table, alerts environmental services of spills, contacts maintenance if TV is out of order)
- Effectively and proactively communicates information in timely and professional manner
- Exudes empathy and compassion for patients and passion for service
- Respects patient confidentiality and privacy
Education: High School graduate or higher
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in customer service or healthcare field
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Possesses a high level of initiative and resourcefulness, with the ability to work independently
- Highly organized, exhibits flexibility in work assignments
- Self motivator extraordinary interpersonal skills
- Effective writing skills
- Strong verbal communication
VARIABLE/PER DIEM. 8 HOUR SHIFTS. NO WEEKENDS.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.