Search Our Jobs
HR Assistant -Lahey Health Behavioral ServicesJob ID 148905 Date posted 09/14/2018
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources ? Lahey Health Behavioral Services (LHBS), the HR Assistant provides support for administration, recruitment, new hire process, and other HR projects and initiatives. Responsibilities include, JAF processing, coordinating the merit review process, tracking licenses, maintaining personnel records and coordinating personnel record audits, tracking data and HR metrics, preparing reports/presentations, updating the HR Intranet pages, updating policies/procedures, responding to employee questions, coordinating recognition programs/employee events, assisting with new employee orientation and assisting with special projects as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides HR support to the LHBS HR team and is a point of contact for employee and manager questions.
- Actively participates as a member of the Human Resources team, participating in projects, activities and colleague work assignments. Participates in programs that enhance training, communication, processes and other work flows.
- Verifies and updates professional licenses, certification and renewals in both employment records and HRIS systems to ensure compliance with contract obligations.
- Participates in compliance-related audits and ensures the personnel files are audited and complete. Works with Managers to obtain necessary documentation for the file. Ensures employee personnel files include all mandatory documents required by various regulatory bodies (BSAS, EEC, JCAHO, CARF).
- Processes Job Action Forms related to terminations/merit increases. Ensures appropriate documentation and signatures. Brings issues/concerns to HR Business Partner or VP.
- Manage, track and update temporary staffing agreements and BBA to ensure compliance. Work with agency and legal to review any proposed edits to the contract and submit the final contract to legal services.
- Maintains all personnel files.
- Tracks HR data/metrics. Creates and runs reports. Analyzes data and prepares charts/graphs to display results.
- Regularly updates the HR Intranet pages in partnership with IT and Communications. Updates policies/procedures as requested. Logically presents information in a user friendly way.
- Assists with weekly new employee orientation sessions including taking ID photos, creating badges and coordination new hire paperwork. Provides back up to colleague and conducts orientation when needed.
- Assists with the recruitment process, pre- employments and onboarding processes as needed.
- Coordinates employee recognition programs/events and assists with organizations engagement efforts.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Associate?s degree, Bachelor?s degree and/or HR experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None required
Experience: Administrative experience in Human Resources, Recruitment or related field
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Proven ability to self-motivate, work independently and work as part of a team.
- Flexible to take on variety of tasks, adaptable and can anticipate opportunities for additional contributions.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Positive, professional business presence.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.