Search Our Jobs
Triage Clinician, Emergency ServicesJob ID 148893 Date posted 07/06/2018
Responsible for the smooth function of the unit by serving as the person in charge of triaging calls and prioritizing the use of clinicians and other resources. Serves as liaison with related systems and provides supportive and informational communication with persons served.
1. Provides procedural direction and support to crisis clinicians by phone and/or face as needed.
2. Responsible for the procedural functioning of the shift.
3. Answers phones, provides initial phone assessment.
4. Maintains awareness of/monitors activity of active and pending cases.
5. Utilizes staffing patterns during shift to maximize response to consumer need.
6. Provides assistance to clinicians with bed searches, insurance verifications/authorizations, resource and system knowledge sharing.
7. Serves as primary liaison between the organization and other providers such as hospital emergency rooms to ensure quality of care.
8. Acts as a conduit for the flow of information regarding programmatic updates and clinical procedural alerts.
9. Accesses administrator on call when needed.
10. Collects and records data and statistics for various reporting needs of the program, including triage log on computer.
11. Provides feedback to Program Director regarding issues effecting shift performance.
12. Provides direct care when needed and when possible, which in rare instances could involve leaving the program to see a case due to high volume, low staffing and/or for complex cases where the expertise of a senior clinician is warranted.
13. Other related duties as assigned.
Masters degree required.
The individual must have experience and training in emergency psychiatric services working with adults, youth and their families, including training in de-escalation strategies and emergency services system of care.
A qualified candidate must achieve effective outcomes and demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills.
A working knowledge of computers and ability to complete documentation electronically is required. In addition the ability to complete written documentation timely and effectively.
40 hours, full time