Search Our Jobs
Clinician, Salem Outpatient ClinicJob ID 148890 Date posted 09/07/2018
Responsible for providing direct clinical services to children, adolescents, and/or adults with identified mental health or substance use needs. This service is designed to meet the specific mental health needs of the identified person or family as they relate to their clinical diagnosis and can be provided in-home, clinic-based, in-school or other approved/appropriate community setting.
1. Completes clinical assessments of individuals and families, reviews medical records, and collaborates with other professionals to evaluate needs of person requesting services.
2. Obtains and documents in a precise and timely manner all relevant assessment material. Assess person?s continuing care needs, contacts appropriate aftercare resources, and arranges for transfer or admission to appropriate rehabilitation facilities and/or liaison with self-help organizations.
3. Formulates a treatment plan based on comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment of person. Continuously review and revise treatment plan based on clinical needs and regulatory bodies.
4. Utilize clinical skills to create a positive working relationship with individuals/families in order to facilitate desired change using appropriate clinical models.
5. Meet monthly productivity expectations.
6. Complete all clinical documentation (intake packets, termination/transfer, billing sheets, insurance forms etc.) within expected timeframes and in compliance with organization policies. Documentation must meet quality standards established by regulatory bodies and the agency and monitored by the Director of Clinical Services.
7. Adhere to all organization, federal and state regulations, guidelines and/or contractual obligations. Knowledge of or ability to learn insurance standards for both commercial insurances and Mass Health products.
8. Develop supervision plan with Clinical Supervisor and meet on a regular basis to discuss clinical, organizational, and agency issues and review performance.
9. Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal, external providers, as well as other regulatory bodies.
10. Other related duties as assigned
Counselor - Master of Science, Master of Arts, or Master of Education in counseling
Licensed Counselor - Master of Science, Master of Arts, or Master of Education in counseling; Independent licensure in the Commonwealth of MA, Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
LCSW/SW ? Master of Social Work
LICSW/SW - Master of Social Work, Independent licensure in the Commonwealth of MA, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Flexibility: willing to see clients in clinic-based setting and/or in community or school; some expectation of working evenings. Ability to provide leadership, accept responsibility, work independently and set own goals in a professional manner.
Ability to exercise good judgment clinically, legally, and ethically and to consult with supervisor as needed.
Good oral and written communication
Full time, 40 hours per week, benefited position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.