Search Our Jobs
Clinical Pharmacist PER DIEMJob ID 148847 Date posted 08/29/2018
Supports the mission of the department by ensuing that the right patients receive the right medication in a safe and timely manner. Clinically reviews medication orders received from prescribers to ensure that the medication, as ordered, is safe to administer to the patient. If not, intervenes with the prescriber on behalf of the patient. Appropriately enters order into the Pharmacy Information System. Supervises pharmacy technician, and interns to ensure that they daily needs of our patients are being met. Provides drug information to medical staff and patients upon request or when need is apparent.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Clinically reviews all medication orders to ensure that medications entered into the patients profiles are safe for administration. Assessment should include, appropriate drug selection, medication allergy, dose, route of administration, diagnosis, relevant laboratory results, therapeutic duplication, drug interactions and age of patient.
2) Intervenes with appropriate health care professional when necessary, and documents clinical interventions consistent with departmental policy.
3) Appropriately enters reviewed orders into the Pharmacy Information system with attention being paid to how this medication will be administered by the nurse
4) Supervises pharmacy technician and interns to ensure that the daily needs of our patients are being met. Educate technician and interns as to safe medication practices.
5) Provides drug information to medical staff and patients upon request or when need is apparent. Documents request into the intervention database in accordance with departmental policy
6) Responsible for day-to-day management of drug distribution, including all controlled substances, IV medications, extemporaneously compounded medications, repackaged medications and investigational drugs.
7) Responsible for understanding and utilizing all technology to accomplish the above.
8) Serves as a liaison between pharmacy department and any health care provider
9) Pharmacists are responsible for their own professional development including, meeting all requirements for continuing education, keeping abreast of current professional literature, both from a clinical and medication safety perspective.
10) Actively participates in continuous performance improvement activities of the department, including providing suggestions on how to improve day-to-day operations
11) Performs assigned projects in a efficient and timely manner
12) Demonstrates competency in all practice areas in which pharmacist duties are performed. Has completed all required departmental competency requirements.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy with a current MA registration in Pharmacy
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must possess a valid MA pharmacist license
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet the requirements of this job description.
Experience: Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred. Requires a working knowledge of all basic aspect of
health system pharmacy (including drug therapeutics).
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.