Search Our Jobs
Dispatcher Central Processing and DistributionJob ID 148848 Date posted 09/06/2018
Position Summary: Under general supervision of the Manager, Materials Distribution, assists with the inventory control of supplies within the CPD department and the user departments. Performs a variety of tasks including, data entry, maintenance of par-levels and custom requisitions for customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Receives telephone call-downs for medical/surgical supplies and equipment, fills the supply requests, and ensures delivery within the appropriate period of time.
2. Ensures immediate delivery of all stat and emergency supplies and/or equipment
3. Uses Sunrise system to fill all equipment orders from the floors.
4. Processes and monitors par-levels as they are uploaded into the PeopleSoft system by the Distribution Technicians via hand-held device.
5. Provides excellent customer service when staff come to the department to get products.
6. Receives phone calls and forwards them to the appropriate staff person when the nature of the call has been determined. Communicates all pertinent information.
7. Delivers stock when needed
8. Picks up dirty code carts when needed
9. As part of the job functions, will have access to non-controlled medications for stocking purposes only.
10. Enters data into Peoplesoft. Responsible for charging and crediting of requisitions and products
11. Trains volunteers
12. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education and experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Basic computer and typing skills required to enter data into desktop computer. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word in order to produce various documents as needed. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year working in a medical/surgical inventory or related environment
DAYS, 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.