Search Our Jobs
Staff RN Registered Nurse CCU ICU 36 hours NightsJob ID 148830 Date posted 06/21/2018
Work for a nationally renowned, world-class Boston- area health system without fighting traffic and paying for parking!
Lahey believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care.
As Lahey continues to grow, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses for our Coronary Care Unit (CCU) and Intensive Care Unit (ICU). The CCU/ICU is a 16-bed acute critical care area that focuses on the care of patients with cardiac disorders, hemodynamic challenges, cardiac arrest, respiratory failure, and hepato-renal failure. The CCU/ICU Nurses are a highly trained team that specializes in cardiac devices, ventilatory support and life-saving measures. Additionally, patients may require therapeutic hypothermia, intracranial pressure monitoring, CVVH, Intra-aortic Balloon Pump, and Ventricular Assistance. The CCU/ICU nurses are adept at titrating multiple drips and are keen observers of minute changes in their patients? status. The nursing team works collaboratively with the Pulmonary Critical Care and Cardiology teaching services, to provide cutting edge treatments and high quality patient care.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center utilizes complete computerized charting (EPIC) for patient assessment and care documentation, and to electronically record medication administration for the delivery of all medications provided to their patients. Computerized self-scheduling is available.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a Tufts teaching hospital with a staff of over 4,000 and 317 beds. Conveniently located in Burlington, MA - north of Boston and south of Manchester, NH with free parking; the Burlington Mall and many great restaurants are next door. This is the perfect location if you want the fast pace and expertise of Boston without the traffic and parking challenges.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN, BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in acute care or sub-acute setting required
- Critical Care and Telemetry experience preferred
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
- ACLS certification preferred
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
NGT, 12hr shifts with every third weekend and rotating holidays.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.