Search Our Jobs
Registered Nurse Assistant Manager InpatientJob ID 148825 Date posted 06/22/2018
Assumes responsibility for the clinical management of the patient care unit. Collaborates with nurse
manages and other allied disciplines to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all
patients, while supporting the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to
quality patient care. Is accountable for managing the assigned unit staffing to meet appropriate budgeting
guidelines. Consistently follows up on the functional, structural and material needs of the unit and reports
this directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this section, please clarify the tasks and deliverables of each essential function and responsibility of this job. Please provide in a list formant with bullets and
identify the 5-7 responsibilities/functions of this job in order of importance.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Work with Clinical Nurse Manager and other Assistant Clinical Nurse Managers to maintain the monthly time
2. Manage the staffing needs of the unit/units, assuring that safe and adequate staffing is planned for current or
3. Function in the role of Clinical Nurse Manager as needed.
4. Participate in the hiring, disciplinary or termination processes as requested by the Clinical Nurse Manager.
5. Perform evaluations on assigned staff in collaboration with Clinical Nurse Manager.
6. Attend all administrative meetings that support the mission of the Nursing Division.
7. Review all incident reports, restraint and seclusion forms for completeness and clarity of the episode/problem.
Report all negative outcomes of such episodes, in a timely manner, to Nursing Administration and problem solve
with other managers to prevent further negative outcomes.
8. Lead regular meetings with staff to ensure that quality patient care is the focus of the specific shift.
9. Supports and implement administrative decisions.
10. Utilize supervision to enhance professional education and development.
•03/14/13 Lahey Health Behavioral Services
11. Maintain appropriate level of continuing education to ensure clinical knowledge and expertise is up to date as
well as to enhance performance expectations.
12. Monitor staff?s specific educational needs and provide time for education and updating of yearly competencies.
13. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
14. Participate in ongoing performance improvement as directed by the Clinical Nurse Manager.
15. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH,
JCAHO, payors, etc.).
16. Maintain solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
- General educational requirements
- Specific vocational or professional training
- Credential and licensure requirements
- Specialized or technical skills required, including computer applications proficiency (e.g. Basic Excel, Intermediate Word, and knowledge of electronic
- Other skills, knowledge, and abilities required to do the job
- Amount of directly related experience required
Bachelors Degree in nursing preferred from an accredited school of nursing. Current R.N. registration in
Massachusetts. Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area. Previous
leadership/management experience required.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) Psychotropic medication administration
2) Drug and alcohol withdrawal
3) Leading a group
4) De-escalation/Restraint Management
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external
and internal customers. Work cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in
the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
DAYS/ 40 Hours
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 148825 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.