Search Our Jobs
Release of Information AssociateJob ID 18-702 Date posted 06/21/2018
Contributes to the Hospital's mission by providing support to the Health Information Management Department and by providing release of information and Birth Registry services. This position will have an impact on patients and other health information management customers by providing accurate and complete records in a timely manner and making every encounter with our patients, patients' family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
Required: High School Diploma required
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of release of information according to federal and state guidelines, regulations and statutes concerning confidentiality and release of information.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• At least two years medical records experience.
• Familiarity with use of microfilm/fiche machine
• At least two years medical record experience
• Knowledge of state guidelines related to Birth Certificates
• Notary Public
• For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.