Search Our Jobs
Clinical Assistant -WPAJob ID 18-699 Date posted 09/20/2018
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to Winchester Physician Associate's (WPA) mission by assisting in the delivery of quality, safe clinical care within the practice setting and assisting with patient and operational flow. This clinical staff position will have an impact on patient and physician satisfaction by providing empathetic and efficient care and minimizing wait times.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent required
If hired after 1/1/15: also must have either:
• Graduate of an LPN or RN program and license within 6 months of employment
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
• At least five (5) years of experience as a Medical Assistant
• Graduate of an accredited program and 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant
• EMR experience
• Basic computer skills and good typing skills with accuracy and attention to detail
• For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the team.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: Required:
If hired prior to 1/1/15, must obtain the National Registered Medical Assistant certification within the approved transition plan time frame.
• An RN or LPN license may be considered in lieu of the Medical Assistant Certification (must be maintained.)
• The Medical Assistant may be allowed time to achieve 5 years of experience as a Medical Assistant plus 6 months to obtain certification provided that as of 1/1/15 they have either:
• Nursing Assistant Certification (must be maintained)
• Completion of at least half of the requirements towards an RN degree
If hired after 1/1/15, National Registration of Medical Assistant Certification or Licensed LPN or RN is required within 6 months of hire.
Preferred: National Registration of Medical Assistant Certification upon hire
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support