Search Our Jobs
Medical Scheduler, MRI dept, per diemJob ID 148778 Date posted 08/31/2018
Under the supervision of the MRI Scheduling Supervisor/Patient Services Facilitator, the MRI Scheduler performs a variety of duties necessary for the courteous and efficient servicing of patients.
1. Schedules patient appointments:
a. Assumes responsibility for all communications for scheduling, follow up and the courteous interactions between the MRI Dept. and physicians? offices.
b. Assumes responsibility for contacting ambulance service, taxi service and interpreter service when necessary.
c. Obtains and documents accurate information from the patient and the referring physician?s office to correctly schedule patients into appropriate appointment slots.
d. Obtains correct demographic and health insurance information from patient and/or referring physician?s office
e. Calls patients to schedule from the Front Desk Orders Report/Schedule Orders Work queue.
f. Schedules, obtains required documentation, and coordinates the scheduling of all specialized scans, i.e. inpatients, arthrograms, sedated patients, and pediatric cases.
g. Schedules walk-in patients when working at LOCD.
h. Always maintains a ?READY? state in ACD.
i. Answers ACD calls promptly within 2 rings or less.
2. Updates computer files when patients do not keep their appointments or are not able to be scanned (i.e. claustrophobic) as well as acknowledging patients in scheduling.
3. Documents in all MRI safety screening questions in detail all-important patient correspondence i.e. operative notes, insurance updates, interpreter, taxi, previous surgeries, metal, implants and when, where how and when an implanted device was placed.
4. Backup to processing the exception reports as needed.
5. Corrects any problems or unfinished business from the previous shift.
6. Assists in the preparation of reports for patients as requested.
7. Archive retrieves all prior related NSMIC cases into the Beverly Hospital RIS and PACS systems.
8. Expedites the processing of patient accounts in coordination with the Coding/Pre-Registration staff by completing a full EPIC Registration on all patients that are scheduled.
9. Processes the No Show & same day reschedule daily.
10. Obtains researches and tracks all preauthorization for certain insurance carriers.
11. Provides backup support to the receptionist area, i.e. answering phones, patient paperwork, incoming faxes, registering patients, etc., when necessary.
12. Confirms patients for scheduled appointments for our Philips MRI patients as well as checks the Phytel application for canceled, rescheduled and bad number appointments.
13. Covers the ACD voicemail envelope.
14. Covers the report request line.
15. Follows the protocol guideline booklet, calls radiologist for approval when contrast needs to be changed if case is ordered by a specialist.
16. Advises the technologist of any patient request or referring provider?s preference.
17. Advises the radiologist of any patients issue or prior medical procedure that will change the MRI protocol.
18. Calls our radiologist to discuss difficult cases and/or have a difficult case be protocolled by a radiologist.
19. Completes special projects as requested by management.
20. Coordinates necessary interactions with technical and medical staff.
21. Assists in training new employees as needed.
22. Reads and responds to all e-mails appropriately and in a timely manner.
1. The MRI scheduler must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
2. Must maintain a professional manner and appearance.
3. Must have experience with ill patients, sedated patients as well as inpatients.
4. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
5. Must be self-motivated and have ability to work in healthcare setting
6. Minimum of one to two years in a large, fast-paced business or medical facility. High school diploma or GED completion is required.
7. Basic knowledge of PC computer systems, ability to learn basic scheduling software and work with word processing applications.
8. Requires excellent typing skills.
Per diem, hours assigned as needed in the MRI dept. in Beverly.
Day and early evening shift between of the hours of 8:30am-7pm; covering various shifts weekdays and weekends.