Search Our Jobs
Nursing Assistant Emergency Room 36hrs Nights PEABODYJob ID 148743 Date posted 06/14/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
A. Cares for patients as delegated by the registered nurse and completes all aspects of activities of daily living for assigned patients (refer to Delegation Competency for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel).
1. Vital Signs: May take and record the following:
- vital signs
- height and weight
- oxygen saturation
- Reports all unusual observations or reactions of the patient to the nurse assigned to the patient or charge nurse.
2. Intake and Output: Collects various specimens for analysis and measures and records intake and output.
3. Activities of Daily Living: Provides patients with personal care and assist with activities of daily living.
4. Clinical Procedures: Performs basic clinical procedures independently or under direct supervision of a nurse.
5. Nutrition: Provides for patient?s nutritional needs including: assisting the patient with ordering room service, set up of meal tray, and feeds the patient as required.
6. Safety: Supports a culture of safety and carries out safety interventions for all patients.
7. Infection Control: Adheres to all applicable infection control policies and procedures.
8. Sitter: Assist as patient safety attendant after completion of required competency.
9. Orientation: Assists with orientation of new Nursing Assistant colleagues.
10. Performs additional unit based activities as assigned.
Education: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: BLS with American Heart Association required for working in the ED
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic ability to read, write and perform basic four-function math.
Ability to obtain knowledge of medical terminology, basic personal computer skills, and interpersonal skills.
Experience: 1 year healthcare experience.
NGT, 12 hour shits
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.