Search Our Jobs
Histology Technologist MohsJob ID 148734 Date posted 06/14/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Embeds surgical, and biopsy specimens insuring proper orientation and documents the Mohs map correctly and appropriately.
2) Produces high quality sections - meeting Department standards.
3) H&E staining. Completes high quality stains, with appropriate controls, within the approved time frame.
4) Uses the Mohs accession book to log all specimens and to move the workload through the lab.
- Ensures block-numbering accuracy. Follows up discrepancies appropriately.
- Compiles and prints logs at appropriate times.
- Verifies stains and procedures when completed.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of unresolved problems. Documents all corrective actions in the QC log.
5) Produces high quality stains with appropriate controls in approved time frames.
6) Changes stainer reagents at scheduled intervals
7) Performs and documents all basic maintenance at scheduled intervals.
8) Maintains an orderly, hygienic work area by cleaning workspaces on a daily basis.
9) Handles chemical, infectious material/waste and other material/waste according to Department and Clinic policies and procedures.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent plus additional training required for attainment of registration.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Maintains HT ASCP registration (Hist).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical tests and standards necessary accurately produce results that meet criteria required by CAP, JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
- Ability to conduct, routine and special stain preparation and Q.A., equipment maintenance.
- Ability to identify and evaluate clinical testing problems and to effect corrective action procedures and modifications.
Experience: Minimum two years full time experience in a Mohs Surgery Lab, certification or relevant Mohs HT experience preferred
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.