Search Our Jobs
HIM EPIC Application AssociateJob ID 18-680 Date posted 06/15/2018
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital's mission by resolving Epic application issues between the various department specific EMR programs and the HIM medical records system. This administrative information systems position will have an impact on physician and staff satisfaction and financial reimbursement because access to accurate and complete medical records in a timely fashion are key to efficient patient care and billing processes.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• At least one (1) year of experience as an HIM records analyst in an electronic medical records (EMR) setting.
• An Associate's degree in Information Systems with experience with interfaces may be considered in lieu of the HIM records analyst experience.
Other Skills or Knowledge:
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and work independently
• Ability to quickly learn new applications from web-based and face-to-face training. Strong computer skills and applications aptitude.
• Attention to detail
• For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Understanding of interface data