Search Our Jobs
EHR Program Advancement & Communications SpecialistJob ID 148675 Date posted 07/11/2018
Position Summary: The EHR Program Advancement and Communications Manager is a pivotal player in the successful rollout and delivery of Lahey Healths new generation EHR Programs. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications and Engagement, this individual coordinates the development, management, and execution of program advancement and communications activities that foster better understanding and adoption of Lahey Healths EHR Programs.
The position is responsible for developing a vast array of communications vehicles to inform and educate the provider, nursing and overall clinical community about activities of the EHR Programs. The EHR Program Advancement and Communications Manager works in coordination with IT@Lahey leadership and staff; Lahey Health leadership, colleagues, consultants and vendors to develop and execute on EHR initiatives within the department and the entire Lahey Health community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Leads the coordination of communications related to the electronic health record (EHR) and collaborates with EHR project team members on efforts regarding the intersection of communications and technology.
2. Drives regular team-based status meetings, to manage and monitor deliverables and performance to plan activities, identify accomplishments and opportunities for further advancement, risks, issues, concerns and potential mitigations.
3. Acts as a liaison between Epic, IT@Lahey EHR leadership, IT@Lahey EHR teams and stakeholders to ensure optimum use of the EHR programs.
4. Develops and executes the communication framework and content for the EHR program for Lahey Health.
5. Provides writing and editorial assistance to the Director of Communications and Engagement for a variety of projects, including the development of copy and collateral support on various EHR communications projects, channels and events.
6. Assists with the development and implementation of the EHR communications plan and integrates web capability into both.
7. Works collaboratively with IT@Lahey leadership and Lahey Health Communications and Marketing leadership to determine how system-wide communications, including e-newsletters and surveys, should be delivered.
8. Writes, reviews and approves content for Lahey.org and Lahey Health intranet sites to ensure communications are complete and accurate. Understands project deliverables, key milestones, and work plan to ensure all EHR communications plan activities are up-to-date and aligned.
9. Integrates EHR project communications into an overall Lahey corporate communications program to position the EHR Program as one overarching initiative.
10. Coordinates the communications components of EHR special projects that support the IT@Lahey Division, other Lahey Health Divisions, committees, and other related events.
11. Generates articles for internal and external publications, as needed.
12. Works collaboratively to solve problems, improve processes and integrate services within the department and with other departments as necessary.
13. Makes recommendations for policies and procedures appropriate for the continual improvement of the department.
14. Conforms to Lahey Health branding guidelines and identity standards.
15. Performs writing and editing duties with respect to Lahey editorial guidelines, as well as the AP and Chicago style guides. Assists others in conforming to those guidelines.
Education: Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent related work experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Valid drivers license.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent networking, diplomatic, public relations, presentation and organization skills
- Sound knowledge of healthcare, business, marketing, sales and communications principles
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and professionally manage pressure situations
- Demonstrates computer literacy and proficiency in GSuite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs
Experience: A minimum of seven years of professional experience in a business or healthcare setting with increasing levels of responsibility. Strong project management experience. Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with high-level contacts, both internal and external.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.