Search Our Jobs
Operating Room EVS Per DiemJob ID 148632 Date posted 06/21/2018
Under general supervision of Charge RN, performs general perioperative and housekeeping responsibilities. General responsibilities include cleaning Operating Rooms between cases, maintaining general supply stock, ensures that hallways are free of clutter and the Operating Room Department is maintained well.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Responsible for transport of all surgical patients between nursing units and adheres to LHMC patient identification policy.
2) Assists with turning over Operating Rooms between cases which includes:
a) Cleaning surfaces, floor and equipment
b) Removing linens appropriately
c) Removing garbage
d) Removing used OR equipment
3) Dispose of hazardous waste in the appropriate manner.
4) Cleaning and remaking of stretcher/OR tables between patients
5) Obtains O2 for all patients post op and maintains O2 tanks.
6) Maintains proper supplies needed for day-to-day operations.
7) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
8) Participates in performance improvement practices.
9) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
10) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
11) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
12) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
13) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
14) Successfully completes Mandatory Education.
15) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalency
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Requires up to six months of on-the-job training including successful completion second scrub program.
VARIABLE; weekday, weekend schedule based on needs of the department.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.