Search Our Jobs
Medical Secretary Plastic Surgery 40hrsJob ID 148605 Date posted 06/06/2018
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager and within established hospital, clinic and departmental procedures, provides practice and administrative support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Answers the telephone in a professional manner and takes responsibility for appropriate dispositions and follow through on phone calls. Accurately identifies those patients requiring immediate attention and relays this information to the appropriate personnel. Must take thorough, complete and legible phone messages. Types and or transcribes a variety of items including correspondence, forms statistics, records, patient examination notes, purchase orders, grant applications, and manuscripts. Proofread all documents for accuracy and completeness.
2) Accurately transcribes and process physician orders.
3) Monitors and proofreads transcription received from the transcription pool for accuracy and completeness
4) Maintains departmental physicians current curriculum vitae and bibliography. Produces reprints of articles as requested.
5) Work with physicians and other support staff to coordinate professional and personal absences and making necessary arrangements and notifying appropriate areas and departments.
6) Maintains and distributes daily/weekly calendar per department standards.
7) Coordinates physician/department conferences, meetings, rounds, etc. including but not limited to agendas, minutes, notification of participants, and reservation of conference rooms.
8) Assist in compiling presentation materials such as slides, videos and texts.
9) Ensures the word processor, Dictaphone, printer, cassettes and typewriter are functioning properly. Notifies appropriate personnel of problems.
10) Coordinates and distributes departmental mail, photocopies as necessary, files materials and patient information in the correct location.
11) Prepares all necessary materials for off site physician practice activity within the Lahey Clinic Network.
12) Request and obtain medical records for patient care activities including phone calls, prescriptions and correspondence purposes. Assist physicians by organizing medical records for review and completion. Monitors outstanding chart list, reporting charts that are unable to be obtained or completed to the Clinical Manager.
13) Schedules patient appointments as directed. Explains appointments, and/or preparations to the patients and families. Coordinates and schedules outside referrals by completing the MD referral form, obtains or assigns a Lahey Clinic number, instructs patient or referring office to obtain reports, pathology slides, films, medical record etc. Keeps information and distributes to appointment location prior to the appointment. Update physician folio if appropriate.
14) Schedules on call and hospital service schedules for physicians and mid level providers as directed.
15) Schedules same day adds per practice requirements.
16) Schedules sales representatives and vendors according to departmental policy.
17) Provides secretarial support to the Clinical Manager as directed
18) All other duties assigned
19) Organizational Requirements:
Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Excellent communication skills to internet with patients and all levels of clinic personnel. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Must have typing, word processing and medical transcription skills. Must be familiar with other PC software applications.
Experience: One year of customer service experience.
DAYS/ Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.
How To Apply
Once you have logged into Colleague Connection, click on 'Lahey Jobs' located at the bottom of the menu list. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time