Search Our Jobs
Medical Secretary CardiologyJob ID 148601 Date posted 06/16/2018
CARDIOLOGY MEDICAL SECRETARY--AMBULATORY
Lahey Cardiology, Burlington, is a busy, premiere outpatient cardiology practice located at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center. Our Medical Secretary position offers an exciting opportunity to become a part of a patient-centered, dynamic, and fast-paced cardiology team.
Our Medical Secretaries work in close collaboration with physicians and advanced practitioners to support and grow their practices; they provide exceptional customer service to and support for our patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) General Medical Office Functions:
- Maintains physician and midlevel clinic schedules on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Processes and monitors Provider time away and ensures that the information is captured in all required systems.
- Answers a high volume of telephone calls in a professional manner and takes responsibility for appropriate dispositions and follow through on all phone calls. Accurately identifies those patients requiring immediate attention and relays this information to the appropriate personnel.
- Utilizes Lahey Health electronic systems in order to record thorough, and complete phone messages.
- Electronically facilitates patient prescriptions including new, refills, faxes, and prescription preauthorization's.
- Uses electronic systems to enter provider orders and retrieve test results.
- Facilitates collection of outside medical records and x rays for Lahey patients and indexes paperwork for scanning process.
- Processes forms required for insurance approvals for scheduled procedures, office visits, or tests.
- Transcribes a variety of documents including correspondence, memos, and department/staff meeting minutes. Proofreads all documents for accuracy and completeness.
- In surgical departments uses electronic OR scheduling systems to view and print schedules. Monitors and track physician progress electronically.
- Maintains provider correspondence, reports, and statistics.
- Makes physician travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintains physician curriculum vitae, bibliography and Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- Screens, sorts and distributes mail.
- Operates office equipment including (but not limited to) a personal computer, Internet, voice mail, e-mail, paging systems, copy machine, transcription equipment and fax.
- Assists in establishing a new physician's practice, ordering business cards, office supplies etc.
- Works with provider and/or other care provider to provide access to patients and facilitate 'work in' appointments as required.
- Schedules patients for tests and consultations as directed by the provider or other care provider.
- Communicates information to patients regarding requirements for appointments and test preparation, as needed.
- Uses clinic-wide scheduling system for updating demographic and insurance information to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Processes any physician or other care provider 'bump lists', according to protocol ensuring all patients are provided and notified of the new appointment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as a willingness to learn and grow into the role. Although experience with an EHR and medical terminology is desired, we are willing to train the right person.
- Excellent communication skills
- Pride in and ownership of the work you do
- A desire to be an engaged member of a multidisciplinary team
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to prioritize and delegate
- Multitasking is a must
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficient in standard office procedures and operation of business machines, (personal computer, fax, telephone, dictaphone, others as appropriate).
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
DAYS, 8 am ? 5:30 pm. No nights, no weekends
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.