Search Our Jobs
HIM Clerk II Clinic Liaison 40hrs EveningsJob ID 148557 Date posted 06/02/2018
Under the direction of their supervisor, serves as the main point of contact for the HIM department for a designated clinical area. Responsible for managing and prioritizing the electronic scanning and indexing of all medical documents for a designated area. Responsible for validating accuracy of indexed documents and presentation of documents in EHR.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Promotes a culture of on-going feedback with clinical staff and supervisor to promote efficient and accurate processing of medical documentation to encourage best practices.
2. Provides customer service including assistance to clinical users in retrieving patient information from various EHR
3. In keeping with department guidelines, maintains efficient workflow process to support the department mission of timely, complete, accurate and available patient information.
4. Prioritizes, prepares and analyzes documents for inclusion in the electronic health record, including patient data validation, form validation and correct date of service
5. Based on priority, scans and indexes documents. Validates that the documents are viewable in appropriate EHR applications within established timeframes.
6. Identifies scanning errors and routes for correction and performs quality assurance activities as assigned.
7. In keeping with department guidelines, responds to HIM-related questions and ad hoc requests by staff of designated clinical area and follows up on customer service issues.
8. Learn, adapt and apply skills to new technology and processes as they are implemented.
9. Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
10. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
11. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
16. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department..
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to work independently, to effectively organize and prioritize workflow tasks, and to effectively, professionally and clearly communicate with customers in a positive manner. Ability to access and process electronic information utilizing computer technology.
Experience: Minimum 6 months of prior work experience involving use of computers and interaction with customers.
EVE/ Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.