Search Our Jobs
Unit Coordinator 7E 32hrs EveningsJob ID 148548 Date posted 06/02/2018
Under general supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides clerical support to inpatient nursing unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Prepares patients charts, ensuring that all necessary forms are available and relevant patient information is ready for use or review daily
2) Assembles charts for admissions, transfers, and discharges.
3) Utilizes appropriate computer systems to process physician orders for relevant patient information
4) Utilizes bedtracking systems to support timely patient flow.
5) Answers telephones, following Lahey Clinics established greeting; takes and transmits messages to unit staff.
6) Responds to queries from physicians, nursing staff, and visitors taking care not disclose confidential patient information to unauthorized individuals in accordance with various Lahey policies, outside regulations and laws governing patient confidentiality including but not limited to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
7) Inventories nursing units office supplys and orders new supplies as needed to maintain standard inventory levels. Stores supplies ensuring that areas are neat and organized.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement, and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires basic compter skills involving standard software for recording patient information in computerized databases, proficiency in reading comprehension, spelling, and writing normally obtained in high school and on-the-job experience.
EVE, 8 hour shifts with every other weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.