Search Our Jobs
Customer Service Specialist II PFSJob ID 148433 Date posted 07/06/2018
The Customer Service Specialist II provides a vital role to the patients and family members for the Lahey Health Enterprise System. This includes Hospital, Professional and Home Health Billing. This position supports self-pay outsource agencies and all departments and practices within Lahey Health System. The primary role of the Customer Service Specialist is to act as a liaison to our customers, departments and physician practices on revenue cycle issues
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assists customers with billing/insurance/charge/referral questions to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Works with departments throughout the organization to ensure resolution of customer inquiries.
- Works with Hospital, Professional and Home Health Billing Teams when identifying trends that can lead to inappropriate billing to the customer.
- Working in a SBO (Single Billing Office), environment the Customer Service Specialist will need to have knowledge in Hospital, Professional, and Home Health Billing in order to assist the customer on questions related to their bills and statements received from insurance companies.
- Work with Cash team to resolve unapplied cash, payment plans and cosmetic services.
- Works closely with outside vendors and the Extended Business Office to ensure seamless customer service.
- Assists customers with any inquiries related to the Lahey Hospital Portal
- Key employee that will be responsible for the training and support of Epic. This employee would be the department Super User for Epic and would work closely with the Instructional Design Team to ensure that the knowledge base of Epic would allow to support employees within the department.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Bachelors degree or 8 years experience in a hospital billing/coding, Denial Management environment related field. Must have at least 5 years experience in either a hospital related billing, claims follow up environment, or hospital coding.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: none required
Experience: Experience using patient accounting computer systems and Excel spreadsheets. Working knowledge of third party payer reimbursement, coding guidelines, and government and payer compliance rules
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.