Search Our Jobs
Help Desk Specialist IIJob ID 148453 Date posted 05/25/2018
Reporting to the Help Desk Manager, the Help Desk Specialist II, supports the customer base of Lahey Health, its entities, and affiliates over a wide range of IT support, incident management, and consulting functions. Because the mission of the Help Desk is to enable the productive use of Information Technology, the Help Desk Specialist II must be skilled in both customer service and various information technology areas.
On a day-to-day basis, the Help Desk Specialist II, provides quality desktop, software, and systems support to all Lahey Health customers, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. This individual needs to demonstrate a high degree of creative and committed problem-solving while following departmental procedures and work flow processes. The Help Desk Specialist II, has frequent interactions with VIP and top management customers, and thus must be sensitive to the impression of the overall IT department that these interactions create.
Using the Information Technology Service Management suite Remedy, the positon is responsible for all aspects of customer requests and incident management including logging, analyzing, resolving, and following up of service requests/incidents.
This position interacts with all levels of Lahey Health colleagues and thus must have superior customer relations, communications, and client service skills. The ability to empathize with customer incidents and communicate technical issues in plain English is critical.
The position requires an attitude of constant learning, curiosity, helpful engagement with clients and colleagues, and being invested in the success of the group and its services. The ability to find answers from documented solutions and research technical issues to resolution is critical.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provide phone support at an average productivity level consistent with management expectations
- Develop and sustain high-quality, empathetic, informed telephone and customer communication skills
- Fully understand and be capable of using the features of the Remedy ticketing system, consistent with workflows and policies
- Process all customer inquiries and incidents, received, using the Remedy ticketing system
- Be attentive to detail and completeness in the execution of Remedy tickets, utilize templates provided
- Critical systems alert monitoring
- Escalate problems and incidents per service level agreements (SLAs) and assign inquiries to management and/or other teams as appropriate. Provide clear and complete descriptive information regarding the nature of the problem
- Communicate with customers to ensure that requests/incidents are resolved and that customers are satisfied with the resolution. Initiate and follow up on any additional required action(s).
- Take ownership of problems; mentor new staff, and effectively interacts and hands-off/receives work from other IT departments and subject matter experts.
- Is collaborative and a technically-capable problem-solver who services the needs, solves the problems, and facilitates the resolution of customer issues and requests.
- Is invested in the group?s success, strives to find consensus, exudes a positive approach to finding solutions, and is willing to go the extra mile to resolve an issue.
- Contribute to the development of Help Desk standards, procedures, and policies.
- Maintain positive working relationships with physicians, department managers, support staff, and department colleagues.
- Maintain ongoing and current functional knowledge of relevant systems, IT, and Lahey Health-specific knowledge.
- Participate in the testing of new releases of systems and applications as deemed appropriate.
- Contribute to tactical planning of support services.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies through training and peer interaction to provide technically accurate solutions to our customers;
- Participate in team projects and meetings that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Help Desk.
- Contribute to knowledge base and technical documentation as deemed useful/necessary.
- Works a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Incorporate principles of the Help Desk mission statement and goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Health policies, specifically within human resources, and professional and behavioral expectations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessments.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities as requested or required.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education as required.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma is required. Undergraduate degree is desired but not required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None required
- A minimum of four years of direct Help Desk experience providing successful technical support services in a multi-platform, medium to large scale computing environment.
- At least two years troubleshooting software, hardware, network issues and data communication devices;
- Minimum of six months? work experience, in a help desk or customer support role related to information technology, is required;
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must have excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication, with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as, the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times with colleagues.
- Must be able to conduct research for the purpose of problem solving and situation analysis.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace ever changing environment.
- Knowledge of Dell, Apple, HP and Ricoh hardware is desirable.
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft application is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Epic application is desirable.
- Solid experience with mobile devices is required, including but not limited to: iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms.
- Solid understanding of Citrix Systems application is required.
- Solid understanding of Network fundamentals is required.
- Solid experience with Microsoft infrastructure (Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, Office, etc.) is required.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.