Search Our Jobs
Staff RN Ambulatory Care/GIM/PEABODY 32 HOURSJob ID 148460 Date posted 05/25/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: including but not limited to:
I. Clinical Judgment and Decision Making: The process by which nurses come to understand the problems, issues or concerns of patients/families, to attend to relevant/critical information, and to respond in concerned and involved ways.
A. The Staff Registered Nurse: Ambulatory is expected to and is accountable for providing safe patient care by demonstrating organizational skills that maintain and coordinate safe delivery of quality care for assigned patients/families.
B. Utilize the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
C. Document essential patient information incorporating all aspects of the nursing process. Essential information includes:
• Ambulatory screening
• Assessment and reassessment
• Patient care needs
• Care provided/interventions
• Telephone communication
• Patient and families response to actions
• Teaching and understanding
• Discharge instructions
D. Analyze and interpret information to make informed judgments as to the specific problems and elements of nursing care mandated by a particular situation.
E. Developing a culturally competent plan of care that identifies patient problems, expected outcomes, and
addresses preventative measures.
• Respecting the values (religious/spiritual, ethnic, cultural) of the patient and family.
E. Delivering care that is specific to the age of the patient
F. Utilizing listening skills and clinical judgment in decision making to telephonically assess the severity of patient caller signs and symptoms.
G. Evaluating effectiveness of care and adapts plan based on patient/family response
H. Providing patient care by:
• Providing necessary physical care to appropriate patient populations which include ADL?s, positioning, transporting, and treatments
• Monitoring and recognizing acute changes in the patient and intervening appropriately
• Administering medications including blood and blood products
• Utilizing and transporting equipment
I. Document patient assessment, care, response to care, teaching, and patient/family understanding.
II. Professional Relationship: The professional relationship is based upon Lahey Clinic?s guiding principles
and positive effective communication. This relationship extends beyond formal assessment to integrate the
particular patient?s response and his/her religious/spiritual, ethnic and cultural beliefs into the plan of care.
A. Establishes professional relationship with nurses, physicians and other colleagues and patients and families.
• The relationship includes the patient and family as a partner in care and is based upon Swanson?s Theory of Caring.
B. Educates the patient and family about the patient?s illness and treatment including preventative measures appropriate to the patient.
C. Supports Lahey Clinics commitment to community based activities both within the Lahey community and beyond.
D. Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other healthcare providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
III. Clinical Leadership: The Staff Registered Nurse: Ambulatory supports the development of others and creates
a practice climate of responsiveness and learning based on Benner?s Novice to Expert skills acquisition model. This
supports the retention and recruitment of clinically competent nurses. The ability to lead and influence the reasoning
of colleagues in the patient?s best interest depends on skillful comportment, authoritative clinical knowledge and
wisdom, the conviction to act as an ethical agent despite adverse consequences, and the ability to listen and enhance
A. Demonstrates professional behavior by adhering to unit policies and procedures, practice guidelines specific to the setting and the ANA Code of Ethics.
B. Demonstrates skills as a responsive team member.
C. Demonstrates role of nurse as teacher.
D. Demonstrates ability to fulfill role in regulatory compliance and readiness.
E. Achieves and maintains ACLS certification as required by departmental standards
F. Serves as patient advocate, within the limits of the law.
IV. Clinical Scholarship: The Staff Registered Nurse: Ambulatory Care achieves clinical scholarship through
experiences with patients, through collaboration with colleagues and leadership and through formal
education. Learning is transformed into knowledge through self-reflection and analysis.
A. Upholds standards of quality nursing care.
B. Demonstrates a commitment to life long learning.
C. Demonstrates evidenced based practice (EBP) in nursing.
• Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
• Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement, and Goals into daily activities.
• Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
• Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of a state approved and/or accredited School of Nursing
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
• Current license to practice professional nursing from the Massachusetts Board of Registration
• BLS certification.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Clinical Skills/Technical Knowledge
a. Demonstrates the necessary clinical skills and technical knowledge to provide care for patients according to Nursing Policy and Procedures. See Skill Record.
b. Demonstrates the necessary clinical skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to the clinic specific competencies. See Skill Record.
c. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Experience: Acute care medical-surgical experience
DAYS, 32 HOURS
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.