Search Our Jobs
Supervisor, Central RegistrationJob ID 18-598 Date posted 06/27/2018
GENERAL SUMMARY: Supervises, coordinates, and performs all duties/functions of the Central Registration Department (onsite and offsite) inclusive of Registration, Admitting and Scheduling. Responsible for maintaining 24 hour a day coverage for all shifts and locations as appropriate. Trains, educates, monitors, and evaluates all staff who register and schedule patients. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required
2. Associates Degree or comparable highly relevant experience required.
3. Some experience with a hospital Admitting, Registration, Scheduling, and/or Accounts Receivable/Billing system, preferably EPIC, preferred.
4. Two year supervisory experience preferred.
Consistent with the PROMISE principles and inherent in a hospital environment, employees must be flexible in meeting patients' and the Hospital's needs. While the list below describes the primary functions of this job, all employees at Winchester Hospital need to recognize that an essential element of their job is the ability to respond to unanticipated and/or changing situations. This may result in assuming responsibilities or tasks, which are not on this list.
As part of the Winchester Hospital team, this position:
1. Oversees and supervises the activities of Central Registration including Patient Registrars (onsite and offsite) and Patient Schedulers. Interviews, recommends hiring, orients, coaches, trains, disciplines, and evaluates the performance of Central Registration staff.
2. Demonstrates a high degree of professional ethics, personal integrity, excellent customer relation skills, motivational skills, and a professional attitude when interacting with patients, physicians, interdepartmental staff, registration staff and management, and ensures that staff exemplifies these standards.
3. Monitors staff attendance, and ensures that departmental staffing levels are met 24 hours a day as appropriate at the hospital and offsites, including working the shift if staffing cannot be found. Performs all duties of Central Registration Staff whenever needed.
4. Resolves problems, handles difficult and crisis situations, and acts as a resource for the staff.
5. Ensures the staff obtains accurate and timely data by reviewing the work performed on a daily basis and by working in coordination with Patient Financial Services. Provides on-going training on insurance changes and updates, policy and procedure updates, equipment usage, and training on Meditech.
6. Ensures the department has adequate supplies and forms, and ensures that all equipment is fully functional.
7. Monitors and completes reports related to registration issues in a timely manner. Makes changes in patient admission status as directed by Case Management. Investigates billing issues related to registration to ensure accurate and timely billing.
8. Identifies issues and makes recommendation to the manager for improvement or corrective action that needs to be taken.
9. Participates in the following:
a. Mandatory training requirements as per hospital/unit policies
b. Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
c. Staff meetings
d. Performance improvement initiatives
e. Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers