Search Our Jobs
Kitchen LeadJob ID 148410 Date posted 07/07/2018
The kitchen Manager is responsible for overall flow, function, cleanliness and safety of kitchen and dining area. The kitchen manager is responsible for preparing and planning meals, ordering inventory and following all safety and cleanliness guidelines per local board of health, OSHA and LHBS. He/She prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules.
1. Orders food inventory from contracted vendors while remaining within allotted weekly budget.
2. Plans weekly menu of well balanced, nutritional meals.
3. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and transporting well balanced meals and snacks ensuring proper taste and temperature.
4. Prepares meals for special occasions and holidays.
5. Inspects food prior to serving for proper quality and quantity.
6. Ensures proper food presentation.
7. Responsible for ordering and maintaining kitchen supplies in collaboration with program directors.
8. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
9. Responsible for maintaining a clean kitchen and dining area adhering to kitchen cleanliness and sanitation guidelines per local board of health.
10. Maintains and ensure refrigerator temperature logs.
11. Assigns daily duties to cooks and kitchen helpers.
12. Participates in regular supervision meetings with direct supervisor.
13. Develops and maintains effective working relationship with food distributors.
14. Maintains cleanliness of dining area.
15. Other related tasks as assigned
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Must have documented evidence of training in such related areas of nutrition/menu planning. Serve Safe Certification required
Valid driver?s license in good standing.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner and have an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting. Must share a customer service orientation.
Full time, 40 hours per week, benefited position, Day Hours
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach, handle, feel climb, crawl, kneel, stoop, hear and taste or smell. The employee occasionally must lift up to 60 lbs. Specific vision required for this position include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.