Search Our Jobs
Administrative Supervisor Nursing PER DIEMJob ID 148405 Date posted 05/23/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Responsible for overseeing and coordinating Clinic-Hospital activities during evening or night hours. In doing so, conducts regular rounds in order to monitor hospital activities an ensure activities are carried out in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures; identifies operational problems and initiates corrective action; monitors department schedules and staffing levels.
2. Identifies specific patient care and personnel needs by receiving reports from the charge nurses at the beginning of each shift and receiving written reports from the Critical Care Units at the end of each shift.
3. Investigates patient and visitor complaints, gathering information from all persons involved, contacts department managers, as appropriated, and prepares summary reports.
4. Administers and interprets Clinic policies and procedures and serves as troubleshooter throughout the Clinic in resolving problems.
5. Serves in the Command Post during an evening or night disaster drill. Coordinates and directs activities during Clinic emergencies and/or disaster drill, occurring during evening or night hours, using established disaster plans.
6. Serves as an auditor and resource person during all Code Green, (Disaster Code) situations.
7. Creates a unity of purpose by linking departmental goals to the organization's mission and goals.
8. Proactively develops plans to meet future departmental/clinic needs using the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate. Is aware of performance improvement measurement data of the nursing department.
9. Appreciates the importance of National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI), Core Measures and staff and patient satisfaction data
10. Budgets for and uses resources effectively to provide high quality, cost effective services.
11. Works collaboratively to solve problems, to improve processes, and to integrate services within the department and with other departments.
12. Develops mechanisms to comply with external regulatory standards.
13. Ensures appropriate utilization of staff.
14. Ensures that important processes and activities are identified, measured, assessed and improved systematically.
15. Demonstrates initiatives to diagnose problems, attain needed researches, and provide solutions.
16. Provides orientation, in-service training, competence assessment and continuing education for all staff.
17. Defines performance expectations and provide consistent feedback on an ongoing basis.
18. Develops staff by assisting them to identify goals and opportunities for learning. Encourages participation in professional organizations and attainment of certification.
19. Fosters a systematic awareness of the diversity that exits within the organization, including culture, ethnicity, gender and age and promotes an environment that is sensitive to the needs of diverse populations.
20. Provides forums for individual and team recognition.
21. Provides a safe environment for risk taking by championing new ideas and encouraging creativity among staff.
22. Ensures that position description/performance evaluation forms for all staff are completed annually.
23. Coaches and supports staff by removing barriers and addressing issues.
24. Demonstrates knowledge in the implementation of human resources management processes; policies, procedures, rewards, staffing and development.
25. Ensures licensing certification for all staff is current.
26. Manages and communicates information through various processes.
27. Develops effective communication methods to keep staff and others informed about the activities of the organization and department.
28. Treats the staff with respect and dignity.
29. Maintains and displays knowledge of current professions/clinical issues and practices through participation in a professional organization and certification in field of nursing. Uses evidence based resources to implement necessary changes in the delivery of nursing care and/or nursing practice. Participates in activities that benefit the community.
30. Participates in nursing research activities.
31. Actively pursues to become multi-skilled to serve a more diverse role in the organization.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred. Knowledge of nursing theory and practice acquired through completion of an accredited program in professional nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Requires current license to practice professional nursing from the Massachusetts Board of Registration and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification with American Heart Association
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires knowledge Nursing's and Lahey Clinic's policies and procedures, Clinic?s philosophy, goals and objectives in order to coordinate diverse organizational activities during evening and night hours.
Experience: Five to seven years of medical/surgical nursing experience, preferably at a tertiary care facility. Approximately two to three years Lahey experience necessary in order to learn Clinic policies and procedures, philosophy and objectives, in order to coordinate diverse organizational activities during evening and night hours
VARIABLE/PER DIEM. Variable shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.