Search Our Jobs
Radiology Technologist/Per Diem/Lynnfield-Urgent CareJob ID 148397 Date posted 05/25/2018
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Site Manager, is responsible for performing a radiological exams and developing radiographic films. In addition, processes and codes diagnoses for encounter form completion. Performs quality control on equipment and radiographic procedures to insure essential patient care and high quality films.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Greet and check in patients; acknowledge patient appointments using computerized appointment scheduling system; print out daily schedules.
2) Manage patient flow and escort patients to exam rooms.
3) Prepare patients for radiologic examinations; perform radiographic procedures using radiologic equipment based on provider orders.
4) Perform routine equipment start-up and perform quality control checks.
5) Set up files for new patients; prepare requisition forms, encounter forms, flash cards; pull and prepare x-ray jackets; prepare and release copies of films as requested by patient or for referrals to outside providers.
6) Enter patients? orders in IDXRAD.
7) Photoprint films with patient information and develop films using dark room equipment; critique films for diagnostic technical quality and repeat films as necessary; prepare films for interpretation by radiologist.
8) Perform routine quality control testing and maintain quality control logs as required by ACR and according to HCFA regulations; schedule routing maintenance visits.
9) Maintain radiographic filing system and purge inactive files according to specifications.
10) Perform housekeeping, handle hazardous waste and keep exam rooms fully stocked; sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment; inventory and order radiologic supplies.
11) Maintain established departmental policies and procedures/objectives, quality assurance program, as well as safety, environmental and infection control standards.
12) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of an AMA approved radiologic technology program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by the Mass Department of Public Health Radiation Control Program. Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Ability to work effectively with minimal supervisionl Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with patients, providers and outside specialists. Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and use independent judgment. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year experience as a radiographer using x-ray equipment.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.