Search Our Jobs
Spec Procedures Technologist 1st Shift, 40 hrsJob ID 148363 Date posted 08/14/2018
Under general supervision, performs a variety of radiographic, angiographic, and interventional procedures in the special procedures department that utilize ionizing radiation, while monitoring and maintaining essential patient care and safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Collects information by interview, from the patient, family, significant other, and health care providers.
2) Completes assessments by utilizing the medical record and Special Procedures requisitions or verbal orders to ensure appropriateness of procedures ordered.
3) Makes accurate assessments of the patient's condition/status thus ensuring appropriateness of procedure ordered.
4) Intervenes appropriately in preventing potential problems/complications.
5) Identifies patient/family educational needs based on their learning strengths and/or deficits.
6) Establish appropriate and effective communication with the patient and/or family member in order to complete the procedure.
7) Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other members of the health care team.
8) Implements departmental and facility's standard by following established policies and procedures.
9) Educates the patient/family so that care can be continued upon completion of procedure.
10) Keeps patient and family members informed of progress and/or delays associated with their procedures.
11) Provides thorough and accurate documentation in the medical record by the following: a) All pertinent data regarding documentation of use of radiopharmaceutical/contrast. b) All pertinent data regarding adverse reaction to any drug/contrast administered.
12) Provides thorough and accurate documentation regarding adverse reactions to drugs/contrast utilizing established documentation forms and forwards forms to appropriate personnel.
13) Manages and communicates information through various processes, which include but are not limited to the following: computers, and telephone/paging systems.
14) Schedules special procedures and related appointments and refers scheduling problems and other unusual problems with the Radiologist assigned to Special Procedures, while using independent judgment to deal with daily routine matters.
15) Prepares room & patient for procedure, assuring all needed equipment is available, prior to the start of the exam.
16) Cleans and organizes room and performs any necessary cleaning of equipment as established by departmental policies, procedures and standards.
17) Properly identifies oneself and properly identifies patient prior to the start of a procedure as established by department's policies and procedures providing written documentation when required.
18) Assists in the clinical training of Radiological Technology students.
19) Properly follows established policies and procedures of reporting and documenting equipment problems.
20) Notifies appropriate supervisory personnel of shortages of supplies, unusual problems or situations within the department, messages from other departments or Special Procedures staff, and/or any changes in patient scheduling.
21) Troubleshoot special procedures equipment due to thorough knowledge of equipment.
22) Works a rotating schedule and provides emergency on-call service as established by departmental policies and procedures.
23) In the absence of supervisory personnel assumes supervisory responsibilities as required.
24) Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach, in order to provide the best possible patient care and services.
25) Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines.
26) Radiation Safety: a) Practices established radiation protection and safety protocols for self, staff and patients with 100% accuracy by using proper radiation safety techniques (time/distance/shielding) to minimize exposure to themselves, patients and the public and wearing film badges as required.
27) Performs venipuncture in the compliance with established hospital policy; see skill record check list.
28) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
29) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
30) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
31) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
32) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
33) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
34) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
35) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
36) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Completion of AMA approved radiological technology program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Department of Public Health: Radiation Control Program in the specialties in which the technologist practices. Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Requires up to two years experience in hospital setting
DAYS/ Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri 10 hour shifts. On call responsibilities for INR procedures including stroke coverage.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!