Search Our Jobs
Financial Analyst Research - Join a Growing Research Division!Job ID 148356 Date posted 08/04/2018
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Collaborate with investigators, study coordinators, sponsors and Lahey attorneys to develop and negotiate budgets and payment terms for industry-sponsored clinical trials and investigator-initiated research.
2) Serve as the primary liaison to investigators, study coordinators and research administrators for communicating study resource requirements, obtaining required pre-study approvals, and addressing financial concerns after study initiation.
3) Review research protocols, clinical practice guidelines, and National and Local Coverage Determinations to determine the billable nature of items and services provided in the context of clinical research (i.e., perform Medicare ?coverage analysis? or prospective reimbursement analysis.).
4) Maintain thorough understanding of state and federal rules governing the reimbursement of routine costs in clinical trials, coding requirements for billing research-related items and services, and third party billing pre-authorization requirements.
5) Collaborate with administrative offices, such as the IRB Office, the Office of General Counsel, Patient Financial Services, and Finance to create or improve processes and tools that ensure compliance with state and federal billing regulations.
6) Track completed study milestones, invoice sponsors for research-related costs, and reconcile clinical charges posted in research accounts.
7) Collaborate with Patient Financial Services, investigators, study coordinators and research administrators to accurately route charges for routine- and research-related care.
8) Develops, maintains and publishes monthly reports summarizing the performance of each clinical trial and / or research grant.
9) Serve as a resource to the users of budget information in explaining its meaning, its derivation and obtaining further information.
10) Performs data analyses and designs ad hoc reporting as requested by the Manager of Research Finance.
11) Invoice corporate sponsors for administrative fees and protocol milestone payments.
12) Reconcile and deposit check payments from corporate sponsors to respective PeopleSoft accounts.
13) Reconciles research patient billing to clinical trial budgets with the assistance of patient tracking tools.
14) Serve as a resource to research colleagues on research-related and administrative issues. Advises principal investigators, study coordinators and staff on complying with finance/reimbursement policies, as they pertain to the conduct of research.
15) Provide grant support to investigators in the form of coordination and advising.
16) Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
17) Maintain the confidentiality of department, clinic and patient information.
18) This position may have ongoing or periodic duties or responsibilities in addition to those described in this position description.
1. Education: Bachelors degree in a science- or business-related field
2. Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
3. Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Usage of personal computers, effective demonstration of verbal and written communication, competency in Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to monitor several projects simultaneously. Ability to work independently. Working knowledge of FDA, OHRP, ORI, NIH and other federal rules and regulations relevant to the performance and management of clinical research is preferred. Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing reimbursement for routine costs in clinical trials, and in-depth knowledge of hospital billing/revenue cycle is also preferred.
4. Experience: Minimum 2-3 years experience in Health Care Finance or Clinical Research. Experience in budgeting required.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.