Search Our Jobs
Medical Consultant DSRIPJob ID 148343 Date posted 06/23/2018
Collaborates with Divisional management to ensure that project activities and goals are met by projected dates. Acts as DSRIP Project Lead for, ?Integration, Consultation and Coordination? Project. Is expected to work collaboratively with Divisional Leadership and staff. Provides consultation to support improved integration efforts for enrolled youth and community at large. Provides presentations tailored to a cross-system, coordinated network of services and supports organized to address the complex and changing needs of youth and families. This is a temporary grant funded part time position with hours not exceeding 10 hours per week.
1. Supports integration efforts funded by DSRIP and act as Project Lead for, ?Integration, Consultation Coordination? by close collaboration with Divisional VP, Director of Operations and CSA leadership.
2. Innovative and creative as evidenced by assisting in the identification of a ?care extender app? for families to use to support overall wellness.
3. Engage in multidisciplinary reviews of medical records and care coordination activities.
4. Provide consultation to the team of providers who work with the youth to ensure care coordination efforts are integrated and in collaboration with PCPs.
5. Demonstrate an ability to build relationships with other community based medical providers to increase communication between the Community Service Agencies and key medical providers of enrolled youth.
6. Demonstrate interpersonal relations skills.
7. Responsible for identifying screening tools for youth and families to prompt systematic communication with medical providers when indicated, and ensure care coordination efforts are integrated.
6. Create policy and procedure aimed at increasing integration efforts, including systematic communication with medical providers.
7. Responsible for providing consultation and recommendation on quality assurance efforts to ensure integration efforts are assessed in medical records, improving outcomes for enrolled families.
8. Support marketing to PCPs, ACOs and communities at large to ensure medical providers are aware of how care coordination can support medical needs.
9. Collaborate with divisional VP, PD, and medical Director to develop and revise policies, procedures and clinical protocols for care of youth to increase integration efforts.
Represents agency positively. Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and work with cross system teams to implement changes.
Graduate from an accredited school of medicine, or current license as a NP, RNCS, CNS in the State of Massachusetts preferred. Other related medical degrees may qualify based on experience.
Most demonstrate ability to relate and desire to work with diverse youth and family populations in a sensitive manner, and interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting with a multidisciplinary approach. Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word, and Excel.